Zeilmakerij Reda Vera 3

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Hi, this is a picture of our Reda Vera 3 awning.

The awning is made of Ten Cate material and has a depth of 2.40 meters. We've had this awning for a number of years now and we find that it's been very well made.
It's completely waterproof and it's withstood some very heavy storms and it's still like new.DSCN1190.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Zeilmakerij Reda Vera 3

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 am
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Thanks for the recommendation cruickie. Looks like a good awning. We've copied your photograph to the Awnings Gallery and linked it to this thread and the Reda website.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:36 am
by crow (deleted)

Do you have a photo with it "buttoned up" it does look very nice.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Hi Rod. Go to the Awning Gallery and click the Reda website link. Then follow your nose to the Vera 3 page. There's photos on there.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

DSCN0042.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Here's one picture that's not that good. but it'll more or less give you some idea of what it looks like. The front centre pole is shown in the picture, but it's not necessary.
If it gets too hot as it does in France, then the front two walls plus the side walls can be removed.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:46 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Ooops wrong picture, post the correct one later.
cruickie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

DSCN0042.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) lets hope this is the right picture

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:04 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

We are looking for a larger awning for our Triton (we have an AL/NR porch awning but it's a bit small). Like your picture of the Reda Vera. Have e-mailed the makers with several questions but, helpful as they are, they only seem to answer one at a time. Could you tell me please:
1. Is it easy to put up?
2. Is it very heavy? And are the poles aluminium or steel?
3. How is it attached to the caravan?
4. The makers sent me a pole diagram – there seem to be a lot of bits! Are any connected?
5. How many bags?
(Any other information that might help?) Thanks!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:08 am
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Sorry about the very long delay, but here goes: (1) I have never attempted to erect it by myself, always the two of us. (2) It comes in two sacks, one for the awning and the other for the aluminium poles, they are nice and light. (3) Attach the beading into the beading rail. (I have had an extra rail fitted to the other side of the van so that the awning can be fitted either side or a sun shade fitted at the same time as the awning). (4) Don't worry about the pole diagram, it's very easy to assemble.
We usually assemble the roof section on the ground, attach the legs then offer it up to the van. We then pull the awning cover over the frame then raise the legs to the correct height. Side and front walls can then be added as and when desired.

Last thing is I tell the wife that she is the best at pegging out then leave her to it.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:54 am
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Sorry, but only just read your other post regarding the caravan rear centre support pole. I have a 235 gt so a bit different from the 310 gt (door on the other side) but the same length caravan. .............

After following my last post to you go as far as pulling the awning over the frame. then simply line the frame up so that the centre is in line with the black bracket, the one thats attached to the van. Once that has been done place the support pole in position and that should be it. ( I use the loose step to gain the extra height when attaching the pole as the 230 gt model does not have a pull out step!)

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2