Advice on selling Eriba puck 120

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:15 am
by RevRy (deleted)

Hiya, we are thinking of getting a 3 birth eriba now, and so our beautiful eriba puck 120 (1998) might be up for sale, my question is to those who know what is the best way to do a sale on here as it is full of like minded members? Secondly once a sale has been agreed how is the transaction made? is it best to ask buyer to deposit money via bacs and then allow Eriba out of sight or?? Many thanks Rev Ry x

Scroll up

RE: Advice on selling Eriba puck 120

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 pm
by zippy | 70 Posts

faster payments now are usually instant and you can check you have received the funds on line before letting the puck go or a cleared check which can take longer. problem with cash these days is how to you know its real? I think the market will be quite limited on here as I'm guessing most people already have one?

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

You need to include lots of good quality pictures; list all the equipment (and any extras included in the sale such as awning, hitchlock etc) and give a realistic and detailed description of the condition of the van and how it has been maintained during your ownership.

State the price that you are seeking and the location where interested people can view the van.

Don't give your personal phone or email details in your advert as the forum is open access.

All communication in the first instance should be by Private Message (PM) - hover over your user name above right to access.

I would expect a serious purchaser to be prepared to give a 10% cash deposit on deciding to buy followed by the balance in cash on collection. Whichever means of payment you decide on, be sure that the funds have cleared before you release the van.

Lots of aspiring owners either visit or join the forum in order to find vans to purchase.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

, and like this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 pm
by Spapro (deleted)

Worth getting a fake note checker pen - you can run it across a fanned out set of notes quickly to check they are legit before letting the van go.

I sold a car and the buyer turned up and paid £6k in cash which was/is a decent lump of cash to me. Was reassuring being able to check the notes in front of them before accepting the cash.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Helix-Counterfe...n/dp/B000I5SB3A

If I was doing it again I would even consider one of these, small outlay for a bit of peace of mind: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078BHWG9S/r...46-955b7807e231

Good luck with your sale.

Aaron Calder and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:53 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

An instant transfer to your bank account via the buyers mobile phone works brilliantly. Then no issues with bank notes or having to find somewhere to pay it in.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:20 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Not everyone uses mobile banking though and many people are still suspicious of on-line transactions.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:38 pm
by gattim (deleted)

.................... and especially if they are asking advice about how to transact a sale?.....................🤨

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:44 pm
by RevRy (deleted)

Sadly NOT all on here are positive!! some people are! should you have ANY doubt to me being genuine please feel free to ask rather than cast aspersions!!!! Rev Ry ordained priest!!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1