535GT owner questions

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

I am due to pick up my 535 this week and have been researching various things like PV panels, mini ovens and micro waves. Any 535 owners on here got a mini oven/microwave to sit on top of the fridge? If so what did u go for and why?

There seems to be a lot out there but sizes are a bit vague.

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.
Scroll up

RE: 535GT owner questions

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I do not own a 535 but I have owned the small electric mini-ovens. I would strongly advise against putting one on top of the fridge area. Most have very little if any insulation and they get VERY hot. One exception would be the excellent but discontinued Dualit DM01 oven.I believe Dualit stopped making this as the price was high and sales were low. Worth keeping an eye out for.
You could always go for a microwave if you must, but being a cooking snob they are not really an oven.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am
by Blueyonder (deleted)

The shelf is the ideal size for an oven but we thought it would heat the van up too much, be difficult to store in transit and would use up what is a great space to put other stuff, like an oscillating fan, phones and other stuff that otherwise clutter the van up. So we bought a Remoska instead 🙂

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Second the remoska. We removed a very heavy microwave.

Last edited Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I’ve been outbid on Remoskas a few times now on eBay. They seem to go for quite high prices. I was talking about this to my sister the other day and by coincidence she had a grand Remoska which she’d only used once when her oven at home stopped working. She gave it to me as she was about to throw it out and I used it twice this weekend in the New Forest - once for jerk salmon and also for roast potatoes. It’s great and even my wife, who’s a bit cynical about my liking of new gadgets, is converted.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

For anybody who is out for a 2nd hand one try gumtree, usually lower prices. One on there at the moment for £50
https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r21-origi...ASABEgLsIfD_BwE is good if you want a new one, £89.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2