Motor Mover conundrum

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:57 pm
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

I am picking my new 535GT up tomorrow from the the Tebay dealer. They recommended the PowerTouch Evolution but. I haver done some research and rang Midland Motor Movers and they recommended the Reich.

Any one comment on which I should go for?

I am fancying g the Reich as its German and they have adaptor plates specifically for the Eriba.

I did ring PowerTouch but the salesman was not very helpful and wanted pictures of the chassis to see if their PowerTouch Evolution would fit!

Anyone self fitted?

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.

Last edited Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 pm | Scroll up

RE: Motor Mover conundrum

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.294 Posts

Truma and Reich have generally been the default setting for movers. The latest Reich Easy Driver range have a 5 yr warranty.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Hello Ted

I've fitted Reich movers to most Eriba models and would recommend Reich's Easydriver - I fitted an Easydriver Pro 1.8 to a Triton last month, and the fit is similar to your Troll.

Reich's mounting plates are designed to ensure the drive rollers are aligned level with the centre of the road wheel for optimum traction, reducing any roller/tyre slippage.

As Eribas don't have an externally accessible battery compartment, the standard 12v isolator switch is usually fitted to the bed box panel adjacent to the battery, which is not only inconvenient, but to my mind looks rather agricultural and does nothing for the van's aesthetics. Reich supply an optional remote switch and long cable which can be mounted either just inside the door, or integrated onto an external panel.

Some photos of my installations:

ReichMountingPlate.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)EasydriverPro1.8Installation.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) EasydriverBasic1.8.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

StandardIsolatorSwitch.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)RemoteSwitch.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)MultifunctionOutletPanel.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)OutletPanelWithReichSwitch.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The Pro (second photo) is mounted upside-down on purpose - I sorted the labels out later.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:01 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:50 am
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

I had a Reich Easy drive Pro 1.8 fitted to my new Troll 542GT in April this year by Midland Movers, who came and fitted it at my property and it was considerably cheaper than the dealer quoted, a great clean job and it works great .Would recommend him without hesitation
Enjoy your new Eriba.

Mercedes E280 Saloon 2007 towing our 542GT 60th Edition
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:08 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: JohnE wrote in post #3
Some photos of my installations...
Mighty tidy work...

Who's your engineer?

I agree completely about the default location for the isolator switch.

Not only does it look like something that was recovered from a sunken U-Boat, having it on the under-bed locker side looks pants and is a pain in the fundament because you have to put your weight inside when the steadies are often up.

I replaced the isolator with a suitably beefy relay, and ran the cables from it to a remote illuminated switch just inside the door on the side of the sink unit.

Much, much better.

Ray Lawrence, and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:36 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #5
Who's your engineer?
MrsE.
She has this uncanny knack of engineering most things round here in some way or another

cabbie37 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #5
Quote: JohnE wrote in post #3
Some photos of my installations...
Mighty tidy work...

I replaced the isolator with a suitably beefy relay, and ran the cables from it to a remote illuminated switch just inside the door on the side of the sink unit.

Much, much better.

Nice one Pepe, I can feel my next project coming on. :)

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 pm
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

I had a Reich Easy drive Pro 1.8 fitted to our 2016 Troll 540GT today.
The mover is fitted to the front, initially contacted AL (Poole) they informed me front fitting is not possible due to location of the shock absorbers.
Richard (Midland motor movers) fitted the Reich mover in 90 minutes, excellent result and a 5 year warranty.IMG_7468.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

rs540 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:10 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: thecolliss wrote in post #8

The mover is fitted to the front, initially contacted AL (Poole) they informed me front fitting is not possible due to location of the shock absorbers. Richard (Midland motor movers) fitted the Reich mover in 90 minutes, excellent result and a 5 year warranty.

I guess this means you get to keep the original steel mudflaps attached..?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

There were a nice couple from Cheltenham (can't remember their names off hand) who defied all talk of Eriba movers having to be fitted behind the wheels by having their successfully mounted in front of the wheels, way back in 2012.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Richard from MM informed me 90% of movers are fitted "front" avoids debris kicked up from the tyres !!
Why are 99% Eriba movers "back" fitted, I guess space between step & tyre is prohibitive on certain Eriba models

Last edited Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:46 pm
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

There is no room on my 535GT to fit them forward of the wheel. I had to fit them behind unfortunately.

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Quote: thecolliss wrote in post #11
Richard from MM informed me 90% of movers are fitted "front" avoids debris kicked up from the tyres !!
Why are 99% Eriba movers "back" fitted, I guess space between step & tyre is prohibitive on certain Eriba models

No, it's the forward facing suspension damper that worries people.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Its clear of the damper Roger, have you any experience of an issue ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:04 pm

No, I keep my mover in the kitchen when she's not needed

Just bits and pieces of information I've picked up over the year but, as I said, I was shown a forward mounted mover in 2012. Can't remember what model Troll it was on.

We met then at the Builth Wells meet in 2013.

Randa.

ps. Looking back at the pics, it was "Clare" and judging by the chimney position on their van it must be a 555.

Last edited Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12507 topics and 105542 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3