Spring Core rear mattress

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

Anyone got a sprig core rear mattress?

I picked my new 535GT up yesterday but the mattress just seems like memory foam which is vert comfortable but I can't feel any springs i it! Who has one and what does it look feel like. Does it have removable cover?

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.
Scroll up

RE: Spring Core rear mattress

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

The foam mattress is usually covered in an off white material. My rear sprung mattress is in the same fabric as the front upholstery.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am
by Adventure Ted (deleted)

Does it feel like memory foam or can u actually feel springs in it?

7 Continents ticked - now more around home with him in his van with a van.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

You cannot feel any springs, but I do have a 50mm [not memory] foam mattress on top. This combination is very comfortable.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

The sprung seats are typically Teutonic in their firmness and are part of the order, they are not standard so if you did not specify then you would not have got them. We have 2 single Duvalay Freshtec (NOT memory foam) toppers and this provides a great support. I had hoped that they would have kept the earlier style with a curved front edge rather than the piped edge right angle which always seems to get the tendons behind my knees. Having said that, these days we leave the beds made up all the time from journey start on the 410 so bit of a moot point. The sprung seats a fair bit heavier than the foam and I do think they could have fitted a couple of webbing handles to make handling a bit easier.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410

Last edited Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 am | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6