RE: Accident whilst unhitching our Eriba

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:35 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #15
I often wonder how the change from 7pin electrics to 13 pin electrics was received in the early days...
Often?

Sheesh...

You need to find yourself a more interesting hobby...

campnsnooze and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:05 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

It's probably because our Eriba, although imported from the Netherlands, came with a 2x7pin electrics and, because I also tow a trailer, I decided to have the car wired to suit. By the way, we bought the towing trailer while we were in France during the mid noughties and it had a standard 7 pin plug.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

How frightening and what an unfortunate mishap. We wish Viv a successful return to full mobility and hope you can make the Summer Meet. It would be very nice just to see you both there. Robin & Pat.

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 am
by Agger (deleted)

The 13 pin plug was introduced around 1990 It was supposed to become the European standard, our Burstner which we bought new in Germany in 1991 came with a 13 pin plug and I specced a 13 pin socket on our susequent towing vehicles, I also tow a trailer, again purchased in Germany it's a Heinemann and has a detachable drawbar, it has a 13 pin plug but has redundant pins.

I don't see the need to change whatever set up you have, we never had any problems with the Burstner which we had for 18 years, I still have the trailer and again no problems.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your Eribaing

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! 😎

I am above no one and no one is below me
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3