Triton 420GT /dutch and winterized?

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm
by chris ransom (deleted)

I have just spent our first week in the triton 420 Gt, its so different to our old Puck 120 GT. We have managed to conquer most problems. The internal water tank takes up a lot of space under the seat along with the blown heater, do I need the water tank or can a mod be made to connect a small container with a pump perhaps under the sink where there is wiring ?
I was wondering whether there are any other members with a winterized van who have faced this problem or something similar.
chris

Scroll up

RE: Triton 420GT /dutch and winterized?

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:08 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

This is what the standard water system looks like:

Water system01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Water system02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

These two pictures show how the container can be filled in situ using a watering can with a flexible, extended nozzle.

Water system03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P1010420.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Frantone had a water container for sale recently (See here)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

thanks , I suspected it could be done, whats the situation with the electrical connection.
chris

Last edited Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:21 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

I had the same system as in the foto when we bought our 320,I thought it was a waste of cupboard space & removed it. I worked a length of domestic grade water pipe in between the cupboard back & the gaslocker casing & made the connection thro the floor of the gaslocker & into a 23ltr wheeled tank that fits nicely under the van. I did the same with the 12v electrics,again making the connection with a plug & socket.I made the 12v conn.under the sink where there was a
junction box.Easily done,just a bit cramped for a short while working under the sink!! The set up doesn't look as neat as a proper connector, but then again,I didn't have to cut a hole thru the side of the van & spend £70+.I have been using this for 6yrs or more without bother & gained a cupboard too.I have the original tank & the system can be returned to manufacturers spec in no time.

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI assisting a '98 PanFam
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

rutts: interesting, is your pump permanently connected ?

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:59 pm

your method saves space and sounds ideal.
I assume the electrics then connect to a pump in your container?
chris

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2