Various gas & electrical mods

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:37 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Added a few extras today before the next 2 weeks holiday (including the Cambridge meet) -

1. Digital battery meter showing voltage and +/- amps charge/drain
2. Sideways 230V socket below sink replaced with thermostatic controller for vent mounted fridge fans. Original socket move to cabinet side near extension flap
3. 230V socket added inside external locker
4. Super bright Thule LED awning light switch replaced with dimmer (works a treat)
5. External plug-in gas point added (thanks to JohnE for the installation)
6. Standard gas regulator replaced with Gaslow 2-cylinder auto-changeover regulator (again thanks to JohnE)
7. Door mounted elastic net inside wardrobe

Next tasks are -

Installing ball-bearing runners to the pull out bed slats
Roof mounted solar panel
600W inverter with manual changeover switch from EHU to battery

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20180801_194127588_iOS.jpg 
 20180801_194146087_iOS.jpg 
 20180801_194204701_iOS.jpg 
 20180801_194219474_iOS.jpg 
 20180801_195628710_iOS.jpg 
 20180801_195645008_iOS.jpg 

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Various gas & electrical mods

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

Robin,
nice to see somebody else doing a few modifications. Here are some I did 2017 Triton 430 - extras and modifications

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

The CBE volt amp display looks nice but pricey!

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Robin,
nice to see somebody else doing a few modifications. Here are some I did 2017 Triton 430 - extras and modifications

Colin

Yes, I particularly liked your box in the bottom of the wardrobe.

I also have the premium jockey wheel and find it quite handy. Also a towball bike mount on the A-frame which was installed by AL when I bought the van.

I’ve used the proper WAGO connectors and tapped into the existing spare outlets which are found (as you mention) below the panel under the sink cupboard.

I’d thought about adding a level gauge for the internal 30L water tank but decided that was probably OTT as it’s not really much extra work to peek under the seat compared to pushing a level check button.

I’ll probably go for the (expensive) Schaudt solar charge controller as it connects directly to the existing CSV409A but am undecided as yet whether to go for a rigid or flex PV panel mounted on the poptop roof, somewhere between 100W-150W.

One other task which I’ll complete soon (as I already have the parts) is a 12V car style outlet between the seats at the long dinette.

It all keeps me out of mischief I suppose...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #3
The CBE volt amp display looks nice but pricey!

Extremely! £160 but it’s accurate and shows exactly the charge or drain on the battery, also backlit when you touch it.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:22 am
by Spapro (deleted)

Some impressive mods there, really nice, neat work !

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm
by robert wilson (deleted)

Lovely stuff . Where did you source the new plug sockets, they look identical to the factory fit ones and just the job?

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

Robert,
try here https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/produc...ild-components/ They have more stuff that is not on the website and will do a mix and match to meet your requirements. They are worth a call.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
rs540 and Terryc like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:46 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: robert wilson wrote in post #7
Lovely stuff . Where did you source the new plug sockets, they look identical to the factory fit ones and just the job?

Yes, as Colin says, Clearcut conversions for the switches and sockets. The battery monitor and fridge fan kit came from Punto Energia Italia via Amazon and eBay respectively. Interestingly the Eriba original switches & sockets are branded Inprojal (a German company) and are jet black whereas the CBE ones are dark grey, although close enough not to stand out. I think Berker units will also fit. Clearcut Conversions also sell the matching chrome/black surrounds in single, double, or even triple mountings. HTH...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:44 am
by robert wilson (deleted)

Thanks guys, very helpful

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:54 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Do you have any info on fitting a 12v usb sockets to the blue csv unit in the cupboard rather than direct to the battery? I’ve searched all over and can’t find any info.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

I fitted a double socket under the small cabinet at the rear dinette, a 230V and 12V cigarette lighter type; the 12V I took directly from the CSV409 circuit number 5. Hope that helps...

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:52 pm
by Bruce (deleted)

Robin

Many thanks for the great MODS. I have just collected a new 520 complete with Omnistor 6200 and LED light. The omnistor LED has been wired to the same switches as already present for the small outside wall mounted LED. There is no separate switch for the Omnistor LED. I was very taken with your dimmer + double switch arrangement.

Please could you advise where you obtained the dimmer switch combination with 2 original switches and confirm how they are wired. Are the original on/off and sensor switches purely controlling the small wall mounted LED and is the dimmer switch then the on/off and dimmer for the Omnistor LED?

Much appreciated

Bruce

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Bruce wrote in post #13
Please could you advise where you obtained the dimmer switch combination with 2 original switches and confirm how they are wired. Are the original on/off and sensor switches purely controlling the small wall mounted LED and is the dimmer switch then the on/off and dimmer for the Omnistor LED?

Much appreciated

Bruce

The double surround was factory fitted by Hymer; the right hand double switch controls only the small wall-mounted light (one switch via the sensor, the other is direct on/off), the left hand switch was originally a standard size on/off for the long awning light which I replaced with the CBE dimmer.

There is a small mod to be made when replacing the standard switch with the dimmer since it needs a ground connection as well as 12V; I tapped into the ground wire for the awning light which is exposed when you remove the wooden back cover inside the overhead locker.

I got the dimmer switch from Clearcut Conversions (around £20) as they stock a large number of CBE items including the square chrome fascia which is standard in the new Eriba vans (you can get single, double, or even triple switch surrounds).

I'm actually going to replace the dimmer with a remote control version that I have recently bought since this will allow me to continue enjoying my glass of wine under the canopy without having to stir in order to turn dim! Since this will leave a vacant space at the left hand side I am going to move the 12V master switch here as having it on the side of the wardrobe at the opposite end of the van doesn't seems like one of Hymers' best ideas...

Hope that helps!

Robin

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 pm
by Bruce (deleted)

Many thanks for your detailed response Robin - very much appreciated.

I did wonder about a remote dimmer for the LED; interesting to hear you are thinking of going down this route. I'll have a look at the Clearcut website and see what surrounds might look best.

Many thanks once again.

Bruce

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1