internal water tank

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:10 pm
by chris ransom (deleted)

Hi all,I have a internal water tank under the seat with a boiler situated next to it. There are quite a few issues with this system, mainly filling and traveling
I wonder whether it would be viable to remove said tank and make a connection under the sink with a small container and pump?
Be aware I have very little electrics experience.
My eriba is a triton 420 gt

chris

Scroll up

RE: internal water tank

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.257 Posts

Chris,
doesn't your tank have an outside filling point a little like a plastic fuel cap. You top the tank up via this using a watering can.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.732 Posts

I thought we had already discussed this. See here.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 am
by Len Amey (deleted)

You're forgetting the boiler & washroom, do you have a shower & does your toilet have it's own header tank or does it take a feed from the inboard tank?

I'm not totally au fait with your set up but from my M/hame experience, you will almost certainly have a central pump near the tank which will feed all of the outlets. You need to establish if the pump is controlled by micro switches on the taps or by a pressure switch (more likely).

If it's the latter, then you will need to replace the taps with micro switch ones, but you would need to do that anyway as they will be hot & cold & you will need cold only. You'll need two submersible pumps & containers (if you even have room for one under the washroom sink?) + find a way of getting an electrical feed into the under sink lockers & wire it all up, not that technical but fiddly & awkward non the less.

If you do have a shower I'm not sure how you would overcome that, maybe disconnect it? Not that it really matters as you're talking about removing the boiler anyway.

Also, you would probably have to modify some of the woodwork in the lockers to accommodate the containers & of course you would loose storage space in both which, kind of negates the reasoning behind your original post, not to mention the additional cost & hassle.

Your considering converting a Hot & Cold running Eriba into a Cold only..........?

Personally, I'd leave well enough alone but, if you do decide to go ahead, then bags me the kit that you take out.

At least I've given you something to think about.

Regards
Len

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:09 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

You dont say what issues you're having. We have a Triton 430 with 30ltr water tank that fills from the outside. We dont travel with water in it as of the weight - just turn on the taps to empty!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

You don't have to take gear out to turn it i to cold only, just don't turn the boiler on.

There are rely three options for water supply. Containers under the sink and the basin, which use storage and are a constant fiddle to refill. A fixed tank under a seat which can be topped up from outside. Or a plug in supply from an external tank e.g. Aquaroll, which has to be stored when travelling.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:49 pm
by Len Amey (deleted)

I don't think Chris wants to turn it into a cold only van per se, If you read his original post, he wanted to remove the internal tank to gain space under the seat. If he does that, then the boiler will become defunct along with the associated pipework & he won't be able to use the original pump, so he might as well take it all out as it won't be serving any purpose. He will also need a container & pump for the washroom.

I was just trying to point out that it isn't as easy as just removing the tank & putting in a container with a submersible pump, it comes with a whole lot more baggage.

I for one can't stand the container system & would give my right arm for an inboard set up, in fact I'm in the middle of fitting a plug in water inlet under the kitchen sink so I can use an external tank & do away with the container. I won't bother with the wash basin as it's the awning side & anyway, we only use it for cleaning our teeth & washing our hands & it's only just big enough for that.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:50 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

For what it's worth I took the internal water tank out, drilled a hole in the floor to take the pump outside to an external water tank. More space in van and no messing about with watering cans or the like.

Stewart

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:41 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Removing the internal tank does not mean the boiler is defunct. There is no reason an external source of water cannot be used.

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
JohnE likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:57 pm
by chris ransom (deleted)

thanks to all for the comments, erring on the side of keeping the system as it is. hope to spend some time soon in France to become more familiar with the system.
chris

golf blue motion with triton 420 GT

Last edited Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:57 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105334 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4