Greetings from Canada

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:14 pm
by Canadian Bacon (deleted)

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada. My wife and I are fortunate enough to have inherited a late 1960's or early 1970's Eriba Pan that her father purchased new in either Switzerland or Austria while he was transfered to Europe and had flown back to Canada when were transfered back. Being the engineer that he was, he built a structure on their country vacation property which kept the Eriba well protected from the elements. Since his passing, we have kept the Eriba in one of our barns to keep it protected. We decided to take it out the other day in order to give it a good once over. Besides, the rubber seals and tires (which I suspect are original) being a little dried out, she is in amazing condition. I am looking forward to giving her a good cleaning and conducting a full inspection in order to get her back on the road. Having done a few Google searches, I had found very little online as a resource...until I found this website and forum which I believe will help me immensely especially in sourcing replacememt parts as needed especially considering I have found no sources in North America. Thank you to all for contributing and making this a fantastic resource for us Eriba newbies!

Scroll up

RE: Greetings from Canada

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm
by Randa france | 12.853 Posts

Hi Paul and welcome to Eribafolk. Sounds like your late father in law has left you with a great project as your Pan is worth more now than it was new.

There are a few Eriba Tourings in America, mainly in the USA. We'd love to see some photos of the old girl/guy.

When you're ready, just ask the questions and we will certainly try and point you in the right direction.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Randa. Many thanks! I will post some photos of the old girl once she is all cleaned up. She's a little dusty right now!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:16 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:20 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:38 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

how fantastic!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:52 am
by SteveH (deleted)

Hello and eh.

Yorkshire chap showing Essex folk how it should be done sInce 1986.
Phillys the Hilux holding hands with Winnie the Troll 550.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.450 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:44 am

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I was able to confirm today that our Eriba Pan was built in 1965 :)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 am
by Bryn | 990 Posts

and a "Very warm " welcome ( 42dgs) from a sunny Charente

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 am
by granddadgrape | 1.553 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:21 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105504 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0