Eriba Duo - Interior pull handle on entrance door fixings

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm
by Chris (deleted)

Having recently bought an Eriba Duo there are a couple of things I’d like to sort out, the first being a floppy interior door handle. This is the door handle that matches those on the pop top and on the exterior for manoeuvring the caravan manually. It feels like the two securing screws have stripped the threads they locate with and I’m wondering how that is best rectified.

I have not made any effort to disassemble the door yet just in case I would be going about a repair the wrong way. On the face of it, it looks like I could remove all the small screws around the aluminium trim on the door edge to get to the problem but thought I’d get some advice first.

Grateful for any thoughts/tips.

Thanks
Chris

Scroll up

RE: Eriba Duo - Interior pull handle on entrance door fixings

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:06 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Chris wrote in post #1
Having recently bought an Eriba Duo there are a couple of things I’d like to sort out, the first being a floppy interior door handle. This is the door handle that matches those on the pop top and on the exterior for manoeuvring the caravan manually. It feels like the two securing screws have stripped the threads they locate with and I’m wondering how that is best rectified.

I have not made any effort to disassemble the door yet just in case I would be going about a repair the wrong way. On the face of it, it looks like I could remove all the small screws around the aluminium trim on the door edge to get to the problem but thought I’d get some advice first.

Grateful for any thoughts/tips.

Thanks
Chris

If you look at the door handle front it has 3 sections, long centre and 2 short ends. The short ends will flick out to reveal the securing screws which may have just come loose and require tightening.

Mike

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Kam likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:36 am
by Chris (deleted)

Thank you Mike but it's those screws which seem to have stripped the thread into whatever they are connected. So I'm wondering are there captive nuts or is the alloy rail threaded. Either way I think I'll need to disassemble the door.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

More likely to be self-tapping screws. If so, just replace with stainless steel self-tappers of a slightly greater diameter and that should fix it.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 37 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12507 topics and 105542 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1