Problem with our Omnistor 2000 awning . . .

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 am
by Homityfolk (deleted)

Hi - Don't know if anyone can help us with this. We recently became very proud Eriba owners, with a 2017 Eriba Familia GT (Beautiful!!) It came with an Omnistor 2000 awning - small, but hopefully will be OK. The problem is that we cannot figure out how to get the legs to stay up. They come out in 3 sections, and the first 'extension' is secured with one of those 'ball' catches, which is fine. However, the second extension does not have any 'catch' that we can see, and the poles just slide up and down and basically the only way we can keep them up is to poke a screw into the hole. Is there a part missing - or is there something WE are missing? Maybe a clip? I've contacted Thule but they are closed till 12 August on annual holiday. We can manage but it would be good to know if we've got something wrong. IMG_2580.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Problem with our Omnistor 2000 awning . . .

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:41 pm
by chezmart | 181 Posts

Just pull the small plastic lever up. Just visible in your picture.
This will lock the leg in any position you require.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm
by Homityfolk (deleted)

Thank you - will try that, though I have lifted and dropped it a few times and it didn't seem to do anything. Will have another go later with a bit more gusto!! Thanks for the quick reply

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 am
by Homityfolk (deleted)

Well - I feel a right drip now!!
Put it down to being a caravan newbie and being blinded by all this new equipment!
You were SO right, and the plastic lever was indeed the answer to our problem. I think it was just we were afraid to 'force' anything so were just being a bit too dainty with the lifting of the lever. Thank you so much, chezmart! It might be a tiny little awning, but at least it's up at the correct height now! Happy days!! Many thanks!

and chezmart like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Hi eckcan here, just to add something, when you awning up, lower the post furthest from your door, that way if it rains it will not fill up top of awning . Also a tie down strap going across the front of the awning will ensure that it will be held down if the wind picks up. eckcan and out

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:42 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Picking up on what eckcan has said, do ensure the awning/canopy is well pegged down. I learnt the hard way a year or so back when mine went over the top of the van in the middle of the night in a sudden gust of wind. Pegging down the uprights at their base may be sufficient, but I always add a couple of guy ropes now, to be sure.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3