Duo rear window “stuck” closed.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 pm
by Chris (deleted)

Having recently bought a Duo I am attempting to put right all the niggle bits and pieces. I’m a bit confused by the large rear window which clearly is supposed to open but is stuck fast. The problem seems to be the rubber seal(s). I can’t work out if there are two (one on the van and one on the window, or just one, but the “glass” is stuck firmly closed. I’m wondering if this is a problem after being exposed to high temperatures or could it have been done deliberately due to leaking.

Anyway, I’m hoping someone might be able to put some light on this.

Many thanks
Chris

Scroll up

RE: Duo rear window “stuck” closed.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Probably caused by exposure to the sun's heat.

The best way to free your window is to squirt some silicone spray between the window and rubber seal - use the aerosol's straw to get it in.

When it's free give all the van's window seals a good soaking with the silicone to prevent them sticking in the future.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm
by Chris (deleted)

Many thanks, I'll give that a go

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.603 Posts

My old Puck had the grey rubbers welded to the window, I couldn't salvage the rubbers however I managed to open them with an old credit card between the rubber and the window. Once the seal was broken I was able to get the rest of it off. Use John's silicone spray idea to loosen and also the credit card.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105504 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1