Hi Eriba Folk!!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 pm
by Dean barker (deleted)

Hi all got our vintage 86 Puck and took her out for first run last week, and again this weekend!!

Love it!! Looking forward to seeing you other folk on our tours!!

Anyway it came with a Soplair Vendee awning without any instructions, and having spent a good couple of hours trying to piece this together, we have had to come to the realisation that there are at least 1 or 2 parts missing.

Having read on here, it doesn't appear likely that I can get the parts I need now.

It's a real shame because the cover seems in absolute mint condition.

Anyway, if anybody can make use of the cover or the post for spares, you are more than welcome to these.

Most importantly, does anybody know what awning available now could fit an old puck!

Any help would be appreciated!

Dean and Lauren

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Hi Eriba Folk!!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.070 Posts

I needed some pole clamps for my Soplair and they are exactly the same as those for an Isabella. Worth a look

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 pm
by Dean barker (deleted)

Many thanks. Bit that was missing was a corner section, so gonna be a struggle me thinks.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.070 Posts

solplair.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

we have one and will never use it. It would be a cause for divorce and it weighs a ton!

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am
by Dean barker (deleted)

Steve and Debbie, that install plan looks different to what I was working, that's so much. Gonna try again tonight!!!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Hi Dean. Welcome to Eribafolk. Yes there are two types of Soplair for the Puck.

The newer, chalet shaped awning is the one that Steve and Debbie have a plan for but the links below show the earlier shape.

g8p396-Soplair-Puck-Awning.html#viewport

g8p1838-Soplair-instructions.html#viewport

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm
by Dean barker (deleted)

Thanks Randa, yep I was trying to install to the other version. Would have been there forever!!! Will try again tonight fingers crossed!!
When we were sold it was told it was divorce in a bag!!!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:10 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.553 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.450 Posts

Don't give up on the awning just yet, wait until just before the divorce stage.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Hi and
Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #5
we have one and will never use it. It would be a cause for divorce and it weighs a ton!

Bombproof though once its erected !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm
by Dean barker (deleted)

Hi all thanks so much, got the awning together from the instructions Steve and Debbie sent, so what was a pile of poles about to go to the tip is now a fantastic vintage awning thanks to you guys! Can't thank you enough! Happy travels people x

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105516 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0