Caravan and Motorhome club insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.603 Posts

My insurance for my Familia 320 is due with the Caravan and motorhome club, it is an old for new policy which will pay out the cash value or the CMC will source and buy a new Eriba for you in the event of a total right off.

When I questioned what value they thought my van was worth they then referred to the caravan glasses valuation guide, glasses have the van valued at £13900 which probably wouldn't buy the curtains for it. The silver Familia is presently on sale new at Lowdhams for £21,700, the insurance salesman admitted that they would not have honoured buying a new van in a total loss situation but they would just given me a cheque for the glasses valuation. I spoke to one of the managers and I told him that the glasses book is renowned to not value the Eribas correctly and it would be advisable for them to contact Hymer for a more realistic valuation.I had to amend my insurance to cover the large short fall which cost me an extra 30% on top of the original quote....

It would be prudent to make sure that if you have an old for new policy that they are fully aware of how much they are to buy new in the event of total wipe out and keep checking and updating it every year.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Tin Head, Steve and Debbie, Julie Grafo and like this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105504 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0