RE: Eriba recall

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

So are we to infer that the leak is on the offside lounge window of your 540. Any sign of a leak anywhere else? Hard to tell from the pic, is the water coming over the window seal or emerging from under the seal?

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:08 pm
by Yeadonblue (deleted)

Yep it’s the lounge window, coming from under the rubber seal. Not seen leaks anywhere else.

Troll 540 Touring shimmying along behind an Outlander Phev milk float
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Thanks. Ours arrived in May 2018. OK so far though like you it's always had some sort of canopy at the front. No word from AL. Will keep on checking.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 pm
by Chris_and_dogs (deleted)

We. got our Triton from AL in autumn 2016. No word from them, yet.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:07 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

As it seems only affecting some eribas, but spread over a variety and period, I wonder what the identifier is for recall?

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:28 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Nthurrzzz wrote in post #20
I wonder what the identifier is for recall?
I would have thought a call to one of the dealers may reveal the answer to that question.

Last edited Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

I agree, so contacted Lowdhams on Saturday asking what was involved and how long the job would take. I was expecting a call today but have not received one.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:38 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

If it is a formal recall, they're very rare in the caravan world. It's not a safety related issue, which makes it even rarer.

In caravan dealership terms Lowdhams are massive and may well have the workshop capacity to absorb a few extra vans coming back. AL are small in comparison, but virtually all their new sales are Eribas, so the possibility of all new vans sold over the last year or so, suddenly needing workshop space needs careful planning, maybe obtaining extra resources etc.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm
by ROBMAR (deleted)

We too have had the recall for our 2018 Triton 420GT. After MANY failed attempts I finally got through to Lowdhams service department and was told there could POSSIBLY be a leak problem with windows, but they would initially need to see it to establish if this was so. Then if required, the necessary parts will take 6 weeks to obtain and they will then require it for a week to complete! This would involve us in 3 visits and we live in Somerset which is 170 miles away. I asked if Htmer will cover our not inconsiderable expense, and am still awaiting a reply. Needless to say we're not impressed! I can see no problems myself, and we love the van. I'm taking delivery of a damp meter tomorrow, and will post my findings.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.071 Posts

If you have a warranty repair on a car you don't get any expenses paid so I would be impressed if Hymer paid any.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:12 pm
by ROBMAR (deleted)

In my experience I can get my car warranty/service carried out by any franchise or approved garage I choose. This means I would never have to travel 170 miles to do so. Also, you wouldn't expect to have to make 3 visits and wait 6 weeks for parts, especially if it was a recall. If Hymer have identified a problem they should source and provide the parts at the time of the recall.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: ROBMAR wrote in post #26
In my experience I can get my car warranty/service carried out by any franchise or approved garage I choose. This means I would never have to travel 170 miles to do so. Also, you wouldn't expect to have to make 3 visits and wait 6 weeks for parts, especially if it was a recall. If Hymer have identified a problem they should source and provide the parts at the time of the recall.

I'm afraid you don't know Hymer like a lot of us do.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:46 pm

I have had three different replies from Lowdhams, and I'm know awaiting the fourth to clarify what I need to do.
Basically the rubber window seals are to be replaced, which takes a couple of days. They need to allow 6 weeks to get the parts in. What has not been made clear is if the van has to be taken in for an initial inspection or if the job can be booked in to be done at a convenient date to be arranged.
I do not want or expect to have to do two 300 mile return trips. I can plan for one, dropping the van off on the way south to a week long break, collecting it on my return north, but two would be unreasonable.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 am
by ROBMAR (deleted)

I have now used my new damp meter to test all window seals on two separate occasions after heavy rain and get readings averaging no more than 5% which I understand is normal and acceptable. To reassure myself, I've tested several other wooden components at home which I know to be damp, and the meter readings confirm, so hopefully the meter is fairly accurate.
Meanwhile I'm still awaiting Lowdhams return phone call, but this doesn't surprise me one bit. Frankly, I've not had a good experience with them so far!
Bob

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Bob,
I agree with your sentiments regarding Lowdhams, but think you may want to check the conversion/calibration chart that came with your meter.
My damp test results last year when inspected showed 10 - 16%, typically 14%. This is actually quite good. See below form an internet search:-
Typical Moisture Contents
15-20% MC External joinery, windows, structural timber
10-15% MC Internal joinery, furniture
8-10% MC Internal joinery in rooms which are continuously heated

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12508 topics and 105549 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0