Camping Key Card

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:44 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Every year at about this time, when I organise our Red Pennant travel & health insurance, I receive a C&MC Camping Key Europe card.

Having removed the old one from my wallet for the first time in 12 months and thrown it in the bin, I put the new one in my wallet and then forget about it for another year.

What is the point of these cards and what am I supposed to do with them? Are they supposed to be left with the campsite owner instead of a passport? If so, my experience has been that they always request my ACSI card returning it when I settle the bill the evening before leaving.

Has anyone ever found these cards useful and if so, how?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: Camping Key Card

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.881 Posts

Like you we very rarely use it but as it costs nowt then it's worth having. We believe that there is a small discount available when showing it on some campsites as it is a third party insurance.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Camping Key Card

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:45 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

We bought one £3.50) from C&MC this year along with the ACSI card but found none of the sites we stayed at in Spain and France, 17 in all, were interested in it! As Mr Calder explained most took the ACSI card as security and returned when bill was paid.

Will not bother next year!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105760 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0