Nebula Capsule

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Just picked up a nebula capsule. Cracking buy.
It’s a mini projector installed with android so you can stream/download Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer and more. Also hook up your iPad or pc to project.
Has a built in speaker with decent volume and range which you can also use as a Bluetooth speaker and a remote control. Battery is good for around 3-4 hours, recharged via USB’s so 240v (with a plug) or 12v/solar. It’s a projector, so needs the Eriba to be dim - window shades shut in day or for use in the evening. The darker the better.

The really impressive thing is it is exactly the same size and shape as a coke can- so tiny and very Eriba friendly.

At the dinette, If you shut the main, end window shade and position the Nebula at the opposite end of the table, it projects the perfect size screen onto the back of the window shade.

I appreciate many people want to get away from tv and the world on their travels, but watching the odd movie in the Eriba is a treat. There are other projectors on the market, perhaps higher specs or other plus points, it’s the competition of the IT sector, but this is a cracking piece of solid kit and has a great all round package.

Well made, metal rather than plasticky, decent sound, decent picture, Android so you can stream or download films direct to it rather than connect a laptop or iPad, decent battery life, tiny so it can be chucked in a overhead locker.

4F13B336-62C2-40FE-80EB-12E1E5EE63DC.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 04E2ADC8-51D9-40F3-929C-6E424BA6E57D.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) C5CF3652-F2DA-486C-A20F-B5D5ADF80A24.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Randa france, addisb, , , Eribanut, , Sportique and gamrer02 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Nebula Capsule

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:39 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

I was going to ask, as a technology dinosaur, if you talk me through this, step by step. Questions like is it just a plug in an go device? Can it be used on a small TV as well as a PC?

However, as much as I would like one, the price is tooooo much. Can just about afford the case it goes in

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Back to the crystal set Roger.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:16 pm
by jobberwock (deleted)

Do you get a bag of popcorn/choc-ice with it?

Ian

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:51 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Quote: jobberwock wrote in post #4
Do you get a bag of popcorn/choc-ice with it?

Ian

You do in our Eriba. Complete with Gin and tonic, wine and beer.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:00 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #2
I was going to ask, as a technology dinosaur, if you talk me through this, step by step. Questions like is it just a plug in an go device? Can it be used on a small TV as well as a PC?

It is pretty much plug and play.
Power it up, point it at a wall/shade/surface to project it on, focus it and go. There is a battery built in that recharges. You connect it to WiFi to stream stuff. So if you already have Netflix, simply open the Netflix app, sign in with your account and off you go - Nextflix being projected. Same for BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime etc.

No need for PC, laptop or iPad.

You do need decent WiFi - which can be challenging on many caravan sites. With Netflix, you can choose and download films/TV to the device before you go so once you are onsite, you don’t need to stream them over WiFi as they have been downloaded to the device.

Built in speaker is more than good enough for the Eriba.

It’s the fact they can fit all this into a coke can impresses me.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:08 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Nthurrzzz wrote in post #5

You do in our Eriba. Complete with Gin and tonic, wine and beer.

On my way...!!!!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:17 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

At 500e its very expensive. What are the advantages over a tablet?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

This inspired me to also look into mini projectors as an alternative to a TV.
I decided to purchase a Elephas mini portable projector (wifi, HD, DLP, Pico 3D) for £138 delivered and additionally a Cromecast dongle (~£35). 20191006_183306.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) The dongle enables you to watch downloaded Netflix movies and Utube cast via mobile phone and without wifi or data You can also download movies to a memory stick.

Tested at home and the picture quality and sound is great.
Everything i need is carried in the supplied 16cm x 16cm case.20191006_184051.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Cant wait to use it whilst away!

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:07 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

How do you get on with your phone data when streaming via this setup? i have tried streaming using phone as a mobile hotspot and an hour's worth of tv makes a big dent in my available 8GB of data. Fine to temporary use but a digital tv antenna hooked up to a freeview USB dongle is free (if you can get any reception). We have also found that on our narrowboat, the TV situation is much better since we went digital, and can nearly always get a picture whereas before we rarely got anything. It usually works for me as I am not really that tied to the telly. If it won't work (straight away) I do something else.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

My set up doesn't use any data as the Netflix, Amazon or Google play films are already downloaded onto my phone whilst at home and on WIFI. I only need a battery power supply for the dongle. The projector is re chargeable and lasts about 8 hours, i think.

I don't watch TV whilst away, but i think you could watch pre downloaded BBC iPlayer? programmes, therefore no need to stream (data); I will have to try it out. So yes, if you use your phone as a hot spot to stream stuff it will use your data up quickly. I like to avoid this too

Last edited Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:06 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12507 topics and 105542 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2