Roof construction/ventilation

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm
by Eriba2005430GT (deleted)

Hi,
I have just read ecklan's post on changing his roof vent for something bigger with interest and have some general questions that some of you might know the answers to.

1 Where can replacements for the original vents be sourced cheaply?
2. How are the removed?
3 What is the construction of the roof in that area...specifically does the plywood cover the whole of the underside of the roof or is it just a small strengthening section where the vent is?

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Roof construction/ventilation

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Eckcan, just catching up on the posts for the last 3 weeks as I have been in Brittany, lovely sunny weather. I see you have not received any replies regarding construction of the rear roof area. I am clearing out my attic at present so 3 weeks ago I threw away the original vent plus bits and pieces as I struggle with space at my main residence. Removing old vent was relatively easy, just lots of screws and mastic. I believe the whole rear part of the roof is plywood reinforced. As I say this has been a good test for my new vent. We kept the pop top down for a few nights as the night gets cold and the wife hates the cold. Being the perfect height for both of us it is not a problem. I left the vent open just a little. If you do decide to try and replace with a larger vent, it has to be a 28 and not a 40 as it is critical regarding rear cupboards and rear of pop up. Good luck it is the second best mod I have done My solar panel worked out marvellously.bye for now.eckcan

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Roof construction/ventilation

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 pm
by Eriba2005430GT (deleted)

Just picked this reply up, so thanks ( a bit late I know). Glad your improvement works for you. My interest stems from the need to sort out the headlining adjacent to the existing vent which is sagging. I need to get access by removing the existing vent and replacing with a new one or by removing the stainless steel/aluminium trim which holds the pop-top canvas to the van body. I am trying to find out as much about the construction before I pluck up the courage to start the job. Info seems in short supply. cheers.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2