Worried about heat from cooker spoiling cupboards above

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:04 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

We have a portable light metal plate to help prevent the cupboards from spoiling with the heat from the cooker. Not sure if the photo is going to upload 69AC9E35-DA24-43E4-8998-52B3663D921F.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Now have our 530 that pushes our Volvo
Randa france and PhilipM like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Worried about heat from cooker spoiling cupboards above

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:25 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We avoid cooking in the van as much as possible, but our 20 year old van has obviously been cooked in as the cooker shows it but the cupboards above are fine. What is your contraption? How is it fixed?

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

It’s a thin flat rectangle aluminium plate that pushes between the bottom of the overhead cupboards and the blind, supported by the open lid of the cooker. We take it away when we’ve finished cooking

Now have our 530 that pushes our Volvo
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 am
by Angie and Steve | 165 Posts

There's no sign of cooking heat damage to the overhead cupboards in our 1975 Familia despite there being much evidence on the cooker itself to it being very well used over the years. This makes us think that you are maybe worrying over nothing... just get on with enjoying being in your Eriba and eating loads of fantastic grub !

Cheers,
Steve and Angie

Without music, life would be a mistake.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:14 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

The only thing we have noticed in our 4 Eriba ownership is some sagging in the middle of the roller blind casing directly above the window. Having said that I have noticed a sagging in some of the other casings.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

We had a 1993 Puck, the overhead cupboard imitation wood foil had bubbled which i assumed was from the heat/steam. I repaired it by putting in a small split with a craft knife and injecting some glue inside.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1