Annual service

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:31 pm
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

I've done a search for this topic. Honest I have, but not found what I'm looking for. We bought our van a year last February but she's not had a service since we got her.
Question is:

Should she be serviced at the end of the season or the beginning.

Deb & SteveH. Toyota Hilux and Winnie the Troll 550

Last edited Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:44 pm | Scroll up

RE: Annual service

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:49 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I don't think there is a wrong or right time to get it serviced as long as it's a 12 month interval, we bought our van in August so we have to have it done every year in August to comply with the warranty.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Ah, now there's a thing. When we bought the van from Dom last year she was only a year old (2016 model) imported from the Netherlands and being new to caravanning it didn't cross my mind about warranties etc. Obviously through this forum I have learned that regular servicing is essential for the upkeep of the warranty. Should I have had some documentation similar to a service book when we Bought the van?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Deb & Steve

I seem to remember reading somewhere in the Hymer documents about the service needing to take place within 12 months of delivery of the vehicle and every 12 months after. I will dig out my documents and have a look. MikeT

Eribacamper likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Deb & Steve

I have shocked myself and found it straight away!

This comes from the document "Terms & conditions of Hymer 6-year water ingress warranty": This was in our blue Hymer Service File

[b"]The buyer is obliged to submit the vehicle to an annual inspection.............................The first inspection must take place within the first year following the delivery of the vehicle to the buyer"[/b]

If an inspection is conducted within a maximum of six months after the deadline, the warranty claims shall be honoured, otherwise they shall expire

When I contacted Adventure Leisure vehicles in Tebay for our Troll's first inspection and service they replied that most people had their Service and Inspection done within two months either side of the anniversary of the delivery date.

Hope this is helpful. MikeT

Last edited Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks, I'll have to take a closer look at the paperwork given to me. Can't remember seeing any stamps re servicing.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Okayyyyy. I have no stamps at all in the Hymer instruction manual. Should I be concerned?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:54 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

It may be worth contacting a Hymer dealer before embarking on an expensive Hymer service record to see where you stand.I would assume Hymer should know electronically if any official servicing has been undertaken as they no longer have a log book.
You may have one of two issues. Your service has lapsed and it is now null and void. Or as your van is not UK spec, most Hymer dealers will not undertake any warranty work and some will not service them.
Hymer Germany's stance is that only UK spec vans will have any warranty work allowed to be undertaken in the UK. Also bear in mind that the servicing for any warranty work has to be kept up to date.
I asked the question to Hymer a few years ago and got the answer below:

My Email:

Hi, please can you advise, I live in the UK, If I buy an Eriba touring in mainland Europe will I be able to have my van serviced and warranty work carried out by a UK Hymer dealer with a non UK specification van? Thanks.

Hymers Email reply

we refer to your request dated 23.02.2015 and thank you for purchasing a HYMER vehicle.

Regarding your request we have to tell you that is is very important that the vehicles have a UK specifications. Otherwise, the HYMER dealers in the UK are not allowed to make the checks which are needed for the vehicle.

So, unfortunately it is not possible to have the service work carried out in the UK.

We want to apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / yours sincerely / sincères salutations / distinti saluti

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Blimey Thanks for that! Eriba shop came highly recommended. Think I may have to give Dom a call to clarify the warranty details as there was no mention of it at the time of sale.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1