Reich motor mover service ??

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:37 pm
by skewengirl53 (deleted)

Hi, we have a Reich motor mover " Move Control Comfort "on our 2012 Familia 320 . I noticed when moving it onto our pitch yesterday that the rollers on both sides are not meeting the tyre square on , the inner edge is angled forward to the outer edge of the rollers. This is identical on both sides of the van. When engaging the rollers onto the tyre I have to keep pressing the engage button several times to get the full width of the rollers to be in contact with the tyre surface. It is noticeable when returning the rollers into the mover housing the out end of the rollers sits into the housing snugly but the inner end is out an good inch or more. The housing cover appears to be squ are to the wheel but the rollers are definitely at an angle .Can anyone recommend somebody in the South Wales area to check this out please ?
Thanks

Scroll up

RE: Reich motor mover service ??

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 pm
by Randa france | 12.854 Posts

Try contacting this guy. He's a mobile caravan service engineer and he's good. Also if you're in Skewen, he's very Close

https://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk...ravan-services/

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Ok thank you very much

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 am
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Mine's the same, I think it's normal.

It's the way the rollers swing in to make contact.

By the time the rollers are fully in contact with the tyres they are square. (to the tyre !)

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Last edited Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

When I had my Reich Mover fitted by Midland Movers the fitter wound the mover metal wheels very hard against the tyre until the metal mover roller was square onto the tyre, he then drew with an indelible felt pen a line on the red swing arm each side to show each time I use it how tight it needs to be.I always feel that it is over tight but it certainly hasn't failed me yet.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 am

Grateful thanks to all for your replies. We feel a little bit happier now and more assured that this is the norm .

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 64 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105507 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2