weights and measures

in We've got it down to a T Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:48 pm
by StorminNormn (deleted)

DSC_0915.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Can someone please tell me what the two 750s and one 100 on my Pan/Familia mean exactly.

Last edited Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:09 pm | Scroll up

RE: weights and measures

in We've got it down to a T Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:45 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I can only think they'd be MTPLM, Axle Limit and noseweight limit. They wouldn't be payload and Contnental manufacturer's often have MTPLM's that equal the axle limit. What it doesn't tell you is the MIRO and thereby the payload you can put in it. Unless you know it from other sources it's probably best to put it on a weighbridge when empty. The difference between empty weight and MTPLM will tell you what you can load

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks.

I wonder. Is there any consistency across eriba models in the info displayed on these plaques?

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.831 Posts

Yes there will be but I can't enlarge your pic at the moment because of a weak wifi signal. I'll see if I can get back to you later this week. Remind me to do so.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm assuming that the van was built well before Type Approval regulations specified what had to be included on the plate.

Now there's an order in which info appears and what has to be shown.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:07 pm
by Randa france | 12.831 Posts

Got a bit of wifi now but I see that you've had an answer from Christophe on Eribafolk Facebook

For others, here's his reply:-

Christophe Brice Le premier 750 kg est le poids total de la caravane.
Le second 750 kg est le poids d'homologation de l'essieu.
Le troisième 100 kg est le poids maximum sur la boule d'attelage et lorsque tu charges la caravane tu dois approcher ce poids le plus possible
The First 750 kg is the total weight of the trailer.
The Second 750 kg is the axle approval weight.
The Third 100 kg is the maximum weight on the coupling ball and when you load the trailer you need to approach that weight as much as possible

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:50 pm

I shan't say 'I told you so', I'll just say 'Good 'ole Christophe'. And on the noseweight he's right, though it's very likely your car will have a lower limit which will be the one that shouldn't be exceeded.

Interestingly the van could have 750kg on the axle and 100kg on the nose, giving an MTPLM of 850kg, but Hymer France has chosen to keep the MTPLM down.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:33 am

My car has a maximum limit of 75kgs. If I interpret these replies accurately, I should get as close to that figure as possible with my loading?

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.257 Posts

In theory yes, in practice possibly not. I have towed 900kg Familia, 1000kg & 1200kg Triton and 1300kg Troll with a VW Touran and a Yeti. These have a short rear overhang and max drawbar limits of 75kg & 80kg. All combinations have towed best around 55kg.
I seem to recall 7% of van weight for a UK van and 4% or 5% for a continental van [longer drawbar] can also be used as a guide.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105331 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1