Silver Eribas

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:46 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Could anyone list which Trolls (model and years) were / are produced in an overall silver finish? We're thinking about buying one, but haven't been able to narrow the search.

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

RE: Silver Eribas

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Wasn't it from 2010 onwards, when the options became crinkly white or smooth silver. All the available models had both options.

Silver was more expensive and heavier.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:37 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi ron & Angela

I could be totally wrong with this but when we got our Troll 540 new in 2016 I thought that the silver bodies were the GT models - so ours was a 540GT. As I say this may just be me making an assumption. It is swings and roundabouts about preferring the traditional dimpled white or the silver. We were, and still are, totally taken with the silver body. MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

In about 2013 the taller now German produced vans had a revamp. Standard colour across all models was dimpled white. You could at extra cost specify smooth silver if you wished. As said above the silver vans are heavier, 30kg on a Triton I think.
To confuse [?] matters further you could order a GT spec van. This added a load of goodies that owners often specified and the all silver finish, at a "good" price.
I say confuse as I bought a white van and loaded it to what you would normally find on a silver GT van, along with some extras I wanted. So it is perfectly possible to get a white van that has more stuff on it than a silver one, so beware.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:23 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

What makes the 2013+ vans heavier if they are all silver? Is it just the options that made up the GT pack, or is the bodywork itself different or thicker? Hopefully it's not just the weight of the silver paint !!

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:50 pm

I believe the gauge of aluminium is thicker. It is not the extras added.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Now spoken to AL, apparently it's not the silver finish which adds the weight, but the extras in the GT package..

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Well it's nice that somebody knows why because the Hymer blurb does not make it clear.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:06 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I don't think the AL explanation is correct. I recall that you could specify the silver body without any other options and there was a weight penalty. If you ordered the GT Package with silver body and extra fittings then it weighed even more. The two finishes were totally different products, a wobbly white and a smooth silver. I suspect the bubbly surface created structural stiffness and therefore a lighter gauge aluminium could be used.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3