Blokey Pasta recipe

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:18 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

As it was my sugestion, I guess I should show willing and post one of my favourite Eriba meals. Honours go to Jamie Oliver for this one, It's a simple pasta dish but super tasty. It just needs the 2 pans so perfect for Eriba cooking. This recipe says serves 6 so adjust accordingly...

Ingredients

2 dried red chillies (I use chilli flakes in a jar)
2 heaped teaspoons fennel seeds
olive oil
600 g quality Italian sausages, Cumberland sausages. Coarse ground is key.
1 tablespoon dried oregano
250 ml white wine
1 lemon
500 g fusilli or penne
20 g Parmesan cheese , plus extra for serving
½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)

Method

Crumble the chillies into a pestle and mortar, then bash with the fennel seeds until coarsely crushed. Put to one side.
Heat a lug of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat. Squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins or add the pork mince to the pan, really breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Fry for a few minutes, or until the meat starts to colour and the fat has rendered slightly, then push it down once more so it resembles coarse mince.
Add the bashed-up fennel seeds and chillies and cook over a medium heat for around 10 minutes, or until the meat becomes crisp, golden brown and slightly caramelised.
Stir in the oregano, then pour in the white wine and allow it to reduce by half. Finely grate over the zest of 1 lemon, then squeeze over the juice and turn the heat down to low.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water.
When the pasta has cooked but still has a bit of bite, drain it in a colander, reserving a mugful of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the meat pan, then toss to coat in all those lovely flavours, loosening with a good splash of the reserved cooking water, if needed.
Grate in the Parmesan, then pick, roughly chop and add the parsley leaves. Taste and check the seasoning, then serve immediately with a little extra grated Parmesan sprinkled over the top.

Enjoy!!

I'm really looking forward to sharing recipes with all you other more experienced Eriba Chefs!!

Hugh

Randa france, campnsnooze and like this post!
Last edited Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:19 pm | Scroll up

RE: Blokey Pasta recipe

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.735 Posts

I have to say that a pestle and mortar have never featured all that high on my list of essential caravanning equipment; corkscrew yes.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:09 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Well, i always carry one. Each to their own...

Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:53 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We carry one and use it as well.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:11 pm
by Eribanut | 2.024 Posts

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #1
As it was my sugestion, I guess I should show willing and post one of my favourite Eriba meals. Honours go to Jamie Oliver for this one, It's a simple pasta dish but super tasty. It just needs the 2 pans so perfect for Eriba cooking. This recipe says serves 6 so adjust accordingly...

Ingredients

2 dried red chillies (I use chilli flakes in a jar)
2 heaped teaspoons fennel seeds
olive oil
600 g quality Italian sausages, Cumberland sausages. Coarse ground is key.
1 tablespoon dried oregano
250 ml white wine
1 lemon
500 g fusilli or penne
20 g Parmesan cheese , plus extra for serving
½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)

Method

Crumble the chillies into a pestle and mortar, then bash with the fennel seeds until coarsely crushed. Put to one side.
Heat a lug of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat. Squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins or add the pork mince to the pan, really breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Fry for a few minutes, or until the meat starts to colour and the fat has rendered slightly, then push it down once more so it resembles coarse mince.
Add the bashed-up fennel seeds and chillies and cook over a medium heat for around 10 minutes, or until the meat becomes crisp, golden brown and slightly caramelised.
Stir in the oregano, then pour in the white wine and allow it to reduce by half. Finely grate over the zest of 1 lemon, then squeeze over the juice and turn the heat down to low.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water.
When the pasta has cooked but still has a bit of bite, drain it in a colander, reserving a mugful of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the meat pan, then toss to coat in all those lovely flavours, loosening with a good splash of the reserved cooking water, if needed.
Grate in the Parmesan, then pick, roughly chop and add the parsley leaves. Taste and check the seasoning, then serve immediately with a little extra grated Parmesan sprinkled over the top.

Enjoy!!

I'm really looking forward to sharing recipes with all you other more experienced Eriba Chefs!!

Hugh

An alternative, fry the Sausage, Oven chips in Remoska with a vine grown tomato topped with garlic butter and large glass of Merlot to accompany the meal ! Champion

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:14 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12497 topics and 105482 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3