Pop-top edge

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Has anyone got a photo of their 'van roof (preferably on a recent Troll) showing it from the back with the pop-top closed down tight? Ours seems to have a gap at the back and I want to know if I am imagining things! I know the black edging isn't actually a seal but I didn't think there was supposed to be a space between the top and the main roof. If you stand inside when the roof is closed you can see daylight through the folded up canvas.

Last edited Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Pop-top edge

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

There has recently been a thread touching on this.

Pop top roof seal

You will see a picture of how my roof panel fits as you scroll down in the thread.

As I replaced my seal, I commented on how poorly the roof fitted at the front. A comment by Frantone suggested that it was just that the roof was out of shape and told of how poorly one of his Eribas had a roof fit. You may well be suffering from the same thing that Frantone and I had observed...

The seal that I have just fitted you will see is 'deeper' that my original (2002 Troll) and has helped to a certain extent.

Last edited Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I think we were referring to older Eribas than Magpie’s which is very new.

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

I've had a look around and can't find a photo of the closed poptop (rear) from the outside as it is hidden by the upturned shape of the rear fixed roof.

I did find a video of a new style van where they show the interior from the inside and my immediate thought was that there is far less canvas showing on the inside than on the older vans.

roof.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

Hi 2016 540GT 15mm gap in the middle at the back of the roof, tapering to nothing 75mm each side of middle !!! Rest of the roof is tight.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Ah, I see. Sorry for any confusion... The newer roof style is somehing I wasn't aware of..

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:24 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Quote: thecolliss wrote in post #5
Hi 2016 540GT 15mm gap in the middle at the back of the roof, tapering to nothing 75mm each side of middle !!! Rest of the roof is tight.

Many thanks all for the replies. Did the drone get sent up to do the measurements? I had to wobble about on the top of a ladder to get the outside photo. Still seems a bit alarming to see daylight from inside when the top is down and I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the gap. Any others with a new Eriba with the same? I will ask AL to clarify.IMG_6443.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_6449.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:01 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Certainly doesn’t look right. That’s a big gap. Does it close a little bit if you hang on the middle handle?
If AL are not helpful then a possible tweak might be to pull the edge seal down a little in that area just enough to close the gap but still gripping the pop top edge.
TonyP

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:34 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I'm not suggesting that you use this stuff but just to let folk know that it's available. Used to use it a lot in the building industry to good effect.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-Black-Sing...k-/270841212241

Randa

The following contents have been linked to this post:

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Thanks Frantone and Randa. I've just sent the photos off to AL.

Last edited Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 pm
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

Just stuck a light on the back of my roof and cannot see the light inside !!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Thank you so much for going out and looking!!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:45 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Just moving this on up for Eribaist with similar problem.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:54 pm
by KeithDM (deleted)

Would be good to know what response you get - I have gaps under front and back on our July 2013 540 - see thread 'Gap under roof's beak'.
I added a photo today of the gap at the rear (which I only realised was there when we pulled the blinds down, having taken back to the farm where we store it today).

Will be sending photos of the gaps to A.L. this week (and also of the 'drooping doorstep'). Hope to get some kind of idea of what will be involved in dealing with the issues prior to taking it down there late next month for a (pre-booked) annual service.

PS - just seen your response in the other thread - I will let you know what their response is!

KeithDM
2013 Troll 540 & '15 Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC EX
Emile the (less than perfect but still loveable) Eriba

Last edited Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:55 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 39 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12508 topics and 105546 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7