Replacing Damaged Interior Panels Eriba Triton 2009

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 pm
by Simon (deleted)

I have recently had to remove water damaged interior wall panels. The panels I have removed are made up of fibre board with a backing of thin 2mm polystyrene fixed to the back. Sorry to ask again but does any one know where replacements can be obtained. The colour is white with a slight grey fleck.
Simon

Scroll up

RE: Replacing Damaged Interior Panels Eriba Triton 2009

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:14 pm
by Stevejoyce | 573 Posts

Hi Simon,
looks as if you could get the genuine article from Hymer via a dealer but suspect that this would cost quite a lot.
There are plenty of places who supply caravan interior panels via a google search, although they can cost a fair bit to have delivered.
I would see if any are reasonably local to you, where you could have a look at what they have got in stock, and if you find something suitable, go round with the caravan and bung a sheet in the back. Most of the panels I have seen seem to be 3mm plywood faced with some sort of vinyl.
The standard size seems to be 7' x 4'.

These people are near Hull. https://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/wallb...bility-30-c.asp

Good luck with your search.

Steve

Nearly Eribinated...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:55 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Eckcan here, I purchased a board from B&Q Coventry sort of cream colour as I have water damage rear of front seats at the doorway. I searched everywhere for something that was close to what I need. My Noddy is in storage at the moment, But will get the sizes of what they are offering. It was not huge in size But big enough for me to inset a piece to replace damaged panel. You also have the problem of finding joining trim to make it look neat. Looked up sizes 810mmx405mm£4.54 and130mmx630mm£10.39. Worth looking at before paying for excess charges. If You find any better let me know please thanks eckcan.Triton 430 led by Dachia Duster.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm
by Simon (deleted)

Hello Steve,
Thank you for the reply. I'm not even going to try the original root the prices are well beyond daft. Ply wood is good for straight panels but for panels with a curve....not suitable. On my travels I found in a DIY shed (wickes) white laminated 3mm fibre board panels 600mmx1200mm almost the same color as the original panels. No polystyrene backing though so I bought a roll of 2mm polystyrene to stick to the back of the white laminated panels..Hey-presto replacement panels for less than £8 each.
Best Regards
Simon

Randa france and Steve and Debbie like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm
by Simon (deleted)

Hello Eckcan
I will repeat what I have said to Steve......On my travels I found in a DIY shed (wickes) white laminated 3mm fibre board panels 600mmx1200mm almost the same color as the original panels. No polystyrene backing though so I bought a roll of 2mm polystyrene to stick to the back of the white laminated panels..Hey-presto replacement panels for less than £8 each.
Best Regards
Simon

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Eckcan, I must have missed the panels in Wickes, not that I am that enamoured with the store. I have found joining strips, on ebay and am goin to send for some . (Joining Strip for 4mm Polycarbonate Sheets, H Section / Trim, 610mm or 1000mm).eckcan

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:45 pm
by Stevejoyce | 573 Posts

hi Simon, glad you got sorted. I wonder if spraying the fibre board with fabsil or similar would reduce its blotting paper properties?

We get our Triton 420 (2015) on Friday which will still be under warranty for a couple of years but useful to know that this is something which needs frequent inspection to avoid problems.

E minus 3 and counting...
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105334 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2