Eriba Roof

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am
by Little Alan77 (deleted)

Hello,
I purchased a 1990 Eriba Car 580 a few months ago and have been renovating it. I have had power steering fitted, excellent and the gear linkage replaced, not a total success. My next big problem is, the inner and outer roof have parted company. Crossing the Seven Bridge the rear end started flapping, tide it down with the mains lead. How do I go about fixing it? Would appreciate any help you have to offer.
Best wishes
Little Alan

Scroll up

RE: Eriba Roof

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:42 am
by Randa france | 12.866 Posts

Hi Richard (or is it Alan?) and welcome to Eribafolk.

This problem has occured on several occassions to Eribacars and older Eriba Touring vans as well. Here's one thread on the subject Pop Up Roof Issue on My Bali and there are several others on this forum (see search engine) and also on our Eribafolk facebook page.

As you can see by the pics on the above links, the Eribacar, because of its age, and other classic Eribas, have an equal angle holding the laminated roof together and to the scissors mechanism whereas newer models (ours is a 1999 Troll) have an unequal angle with the longer leg clamping the inner roof as well as the rest of the laminate.

Its' difficult to find the discussion on facebook because it has no filing system but two folk have tackled the probem in different ways. One took his Eribacar to a local fibreglass expert and they reglued the roof together for him at a cost of around £150. The other researched various glues on the market and did it himself. I still think that whichever way you choose, invest in an unequal aluminium angle as an extra precaution if it is possible to fit one. Hymer obviously did.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105614 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1