New car - www.carwow.co.uk

in We've got it down to a T Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

The time had come to think about replacing our Yeti. Mrs eribaMotters had given a big NO to diesel so the search started. Our 2.0L diesel Yeti has 250N/m of torque with 110bhp and this is fine for our towing needs. The modern VAG 1.5tsi petrol has same torque with 150bhp. Looking at whattowcar website and comparing the two engines was a surprise. The petrol is the winner, so I went searching.
The Skoda Karoq was top of the list and initially looks nice, but lacks the character of the Yeti, Very long waiting list times for factory build are normal and discounts are low. I wanted something of similar size and whilst the Octavia is a good buy, it's to long for Mrs eribaMotters. Golf looked promising and then I saw an Audi A3 Sportback which looked very nice. Boot space is comparable with the Yeti, infact bigger if I go for the spacesaver that know needs to be bought as separate item as it is no longer a factory fit.
I'd used car broker websites in the past so thought I would try Carwow. What a revelation. If you are looking at any new car try it. I have signed up for a car with a £4,500 discount with the pcp donation and will clear a few days after collection. The car is about £2,500 cheaper than Karoq, has a higher spec and available in about 4 months as opposed to 8 months for the Skoda.

Colin

ps - it also shares the same super sexy expensive towbar found on the Yeti

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:45 pm | Scroll up

RE: New car - www.carwow.co.uk

in We've got it down to a T Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I 'persuaded' my local Skoda dealer to match the lowest Car Wow offer when I bought the Yeti. They'd already quoted me on CW but were about £400 above the best price. IIRC a Liverpool Skoda dealer offered the lowest prices on my enquiry, which Newcastle under Lyme matched.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:02 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

I used Car Wow to help me chose my current car. I was looking at three different models so found it helpful to get good prices.

In reality, I don't think you get much more discount overall than personal negotiating like throwing in "mats and flaps" to clinch the deal.

I found the walk away technique produced the best deal

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:17 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

I used Carwow for a Skoda Superb. It was brilliant. Official Skoda dealers were queuing up for my custom. Ended up with a deal I would never be able to get face to face in a dealership.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 am
by Kam | 139 Posts

Don’t forget to try Drive the Deal. I’ve bought from them before and so has my brother in law. They offer some great savings. When I recently bought my Volvo XC60 I sent a screenshot of the Drive the Deal price to my local Volvo main dealer and they not only matched it but threw in 5 yrs free servicing as well.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1