RE: Kampa Pop Air Pro - sneaky fix for 2019 not mentioned in brochure

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:43 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

I would welcome hearing how you get on.
If the new model has solved earlier issues I will probably buy one for next summer. That means a mint Fortex awning will be up for sale.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

We look forward to trying it out soon. Here is a clip from the instruction booklet showing the extended flaps. The instruction is to pull the flap around the front/rear of the van and peg it underneath. Seems to be Eriba specific judging by the sketches.

newPopAirAwning.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Randa france and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
by Randa france | 12.878 Posts

Zitat
Quote EribaMotters:- Anybody bought one of these 2019 models yet for a post 2010 van and ready to give feedback .
Roger, do you know how Jill Greenfield got on with hers as it appeared she was going to use it for three months.

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #13
I've just left a message for her Colin and have asked the question.

Randa

Still no reply from this lady.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks for trying. One lives in hope.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Just returned from the National Forest CCC site where we tried out our new Pop Air Pro 340 for the first time. We were quite pleased with it. Not too difficult to put up once it was threaded on the awning rail although it felt fairly heavy whilst getting it on there. The only problem we had was trying to peg it down to the hard surface. I had some 8" nail type pegs (not supplied with the awning) but needed to borrow a bigger hammer to get them in.
I have attached photos of the new extended flap, front and rear and a view inside . It all looked fairly secure and although it was pretty windy over the weekend the attachment bead stayed put. There was no problem with the side window being blocked by the air pole, or the door opening.
Awning_front.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Awning_inside.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) awning_rear.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Thank you for the update. Looks promising.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:54 pm
by parsonswench (deleted)

We have bought the 2019 Kampa Pop Air Pro for our 2009 'Forever Young' Troll 530, we tried it out this afternoon prior to holiday in May. All seems to fit very well a nice strong sturdy awning, we are impressed so far. The one thing we are not sure about is the weather strip, attempted to attach it without success. Called Norwich Leisure to see if they had any tips, the guy I spoke to recommended that we try warming it in some hot water or in the airing cupboard to soften it. Asked him if we should leave it on the van once we get it on there and he said only if it's a really tight fit. I have asked what every one else does with theirs on another thread, just awaiting the answers. Will report back after our holiday and let you know how it goes.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Would love to hear how you get on with the awning. I've replied regarding the weather strip in your other post.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am

Laura McGowan.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Here's a pic of a 2019 Model. I love the optional annex and sun canopy

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:28 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:28 pm
by Indigo (deleted)

We’re going to buy one of these soon, will probably go away over Easter so can update after.

Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Laura Mc Gowan :-

Randa

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:44 am
by Bigmandiddyvan (deleted)

Kampa should be paying some of us for telling them how to fix this fault.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am

I talked with Kampa about the mods made and asked why they had not made something of it along the lines of "new improved model". The argument was it could be seen as admitting a fault existed with the original design. Whilst we all know this is the case admission would not be a good idea for the company.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:58 pm

I phoned up Adventure leisure Vehicles in the Lake District today to get a price on a 2019 model. The salesman had to check whether they were getting any more Kampa awnings in, and then informed me they would not. He cited "quality issues". I helped him expand and he then admitted they had supplied 10 of the older model of which they took back in 8.
So Automotive Leisure and Adventure leisure vehicles have now stopped supplying Kampa awnings. I wonder how long it will take them to rebuild a damaged reputation they obviously have amongst dealers, let alone customers.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:36 am
by james49 (deleted)

I hope these issues with this awning are finally resolved as I would dearly like to buy the 290 for my 2012 Familia 320 just for the reason of the ease of erecting . I have a Walker awning at the moment which is very good . I bought the plastic rain strip at the same time from Jeff Bowen and it went on to the rain gutter quite easily . I opened up the very end of the strip slightly to get it started on the top lip of the gutter ( about 10mm or so ) then just fed it on bit by bit by tapping it very carefully and lightly on the top edge with a rubber mallet . Many thanks to all who have posted so much advice and information about this awning.

I should have mentioned that I found it easier for the strip to go on if you held it at the right angle to seat it on the gutter ie. by laying it a little flatter towards the top of the van and it went on much easier . I placed a bit of cloth on the van top when using the mallet not to get any black rubber marking off the mallet. I have tried to explain myself as clearly as possible ......my apologies if I have caused any confusion.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12535 topics and 105731 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4