VERY DULL ROOF AND FRIDGE VENTS

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 am
by paul woolley (deleted)

Does anyone know what to use to clean the grime and dullness of a 20 year old eriba roof prior to polishing with carb wax
Also my fridge vents are now yellow with age. I have the old style electrolux vent, what to use to renovate them or does anyone know where to buy new ones
Cheers and happy new year
Paul

Scroll up

RE: VERY DULL ROOF AND FRIDGE VENTS

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:58 am
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

Paul,
the perfectionists will recommend GRP rejuvenation cream and compounds used on boats with long winded cut and polish instructions.
The method I have used is a good was followed by T-Cut or similar, when a combined polish/wax. This should cut through the grime, get rid of the chalkiness and leave you with a ice shiny finish. Admittedly it will not be the "wet look", but it will look good. Follow this with a polish/wax at the start and end of each season and you should be happy.
As regards the fridge vents, these are standard parts and readily available from caravan accessory shops. You could start by taking the old ones off and soaking in bleach water prior to a good scrub.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

You could also consider spray painting the vents. Plastikote is good for plastics.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:29 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I managed to clean my old Puck fridge vents with a magic sponge..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Try singing them a song. It might perk them up a bit!

Tomored likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 65 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12535 topics and 105735 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7