Honest thoughts on value of my Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:45 pm
by dbvwt | 45 Posts

I’ve got my well loved 2005 Puck for sale on here in the private sales section and also on eBay as a Classified ad.
634 views and 30 watchers on eBay which indicates interest but nobody that interested to view it.
Just after people’s private sale selling experiences so I know the best thing to do.
If I’ve priced it too high just tell me (I’m completely not unrealistic, just a bit naive), absolutely no rush though and I know prices jump in spring
Thanks, David

Last edited Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:47 pm | Scroll up

RE: Honest thoughts on value of my Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:54 pm
by gattim (deleted)

David, it looks about the right starting price to me given what AL are selling for and you have extras and have looked after it.
From my own experience of buying and selling 8 Eribas since 2013 the market is certainly slower than it was 3 years ago and prices are more reasonable
If you are not desperate to sell quickly then I would advise leaving things as they are, you have a good few watchers and viewers and it is not necessarily the time to sell quickly anyway, what with it being January and with the uncertainty over Brexit then things will be a little slow in the market I think
If you have had no calls or viewers by mid-March you might think of reducing the price a bit

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

I agree. Dave, is it on our Facebook Page? If not I can remedy that for you.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Unless the price for a Puck has gone up in the last year I would say yours is expensive. I bought the same year Puck 1 year ago for £7300. A dealer was selling the same for over £9k at the time. If I was looking now I would not respond to that price. I would respond if the price started under £8k and was negotiable.Yours may be better prepared than mine as it came from a dealer. I have been keeping my eye on your advert in the hope that mine is worth more than I thought. People do watch for the same reason. I don't think it is unsellable at that price but difficult to sell at that price. I disagree about the timing of your sale. We had been looking for ours for over a year and jumped at an early advert to get what we wanted.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:10 pm
by dbvwt | 45 Posts

Thank you everyone for your honest input, exactly what I was after. I fully understand everybody’s comments.
As I’m in no rush to sell and It is a genuine van, I’m going to ask £7995 and leave it there for now.
Thanks, David

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

David,
I put up for sale a mint condition 2006 Familia 310GT back in the summer of 2016. It had on-board tank, hot water, bike carrier, awnings etc, in fact everything apart from a mover. I wanted £9K and advertised it here and on "another forum". I got no takers, so sold it to a well known Norfolk dealer for the full asking price and then sold the main awning separately.The van then sold through the dealer within weeks for nearly £11K, after a wash and service, so you work that one out.
I think if you were trying to sell in the spring your price may well attract buyers, but for the winter you are probably being a bit ambitious. But then again, this is only my opinion.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:10 am
by dbvwt | 45 Posts

Thanks Colin, my own experience selling two campervans in the past proved that things do sell at anytime if the price is right or if a buyer has been looking for a while (as mentioned above) but come spring interest definitely picks up.
Don’t get me started on dealers ha ha, you wouldn’t believe how they have the Motorhome market sewn up!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1