What is going to happen ????

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:17 pm
by AndyEarle (deleted)

Planning this years trip, talk about making life difficult , just going to stick to France so only one country this time thank's Brexit !! so need some answers going away for 6 weeks with three dogs, contacted the Vet they say do nothing at the moment 2 have pet passports and the pup has nothing, any advice ?? Vehicle green card, driving permit, health insurance, caravan insurance, holiday insurance the list goes on and on, we want to get planning book ferry etc, going away in June.....any one have any answers it is getting frustrating

660 GT Pontus Eggbert on the tail of Mercedes C class Estate...
Scroll up

RE: What is going to happen ????

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:45 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

KEEP CALM and book the ferry!! It will sort itself out with our wonderful Politicians on the case. Seriously I can see March 29th not happening the way PM is stalling. We have booked our ferry to Spain leaving mid May for 60 days woohoo

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
, eribanaut, Bryn and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:43 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

Sod it all. We booked 6 weeks away yonks ago. Out for 1/2 of May and all of June. I'm sure we will make it out to France and if they decide to not let us back into the UK so what, I'll have a car fall of red plonk and a fridge full of goodies. Am I bovered, No!

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france, Eribanut, PooleDweller and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 am
by Jez (deleted)

Hope you don't mind this observation and it isn't answering your question but couldn't help thinking that with three dogs including a puppy that the Chunnel would be a better option for you?
My only experience of dogs on ferries was taking my friends on the condor to Guernsey and it was very very warm in the hold and I have to say that the dog was in a bit of distress.
Your experience might be different in which case please excuse my butting in!

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:16 am
by Randa france | 12.882 Posts

Zitat
going away in June.

I would leave it until the end if this month before worrying Andy. All will (should) be revealed then.

We've had to jump through hoops as we are off in early April so there would be no time to get everything (or nothing) in order after 29th March. In our case we've had to arrange for Green Cards, International Driving Permits, Visas for certain countries (maybe more?) and the authorities who organise these things are going around in circles trying to get to grips with it all so it's taking far longer to get it all sorted.

Once we know what's going to happen then you can get everything sorted in the two months before you leave.the UK.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:18 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

What countries did you need visas for Roger?
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:21 am

So far it's only Turkey but if everything goes belly up this month there's talk of needing a visa or visas for EU countries.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:26 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Have you seen this site? its explains a lot of what to expect.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:47 am

No I've not. That's handy.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:54 am
by Clippie (deleted)

Andy

Don't know if you have read the government advice on dogs and travel after Brexit?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-t...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

There it suggests that you need to be speaking to your Vet 4 months prior to your intended travel date! We are in a similar position with our dog (though we only have one) and are unable to make any arrangements until all this is settled. One thing is clear, is that we could leave the UK with no problems under the current regulation with the Dog Passport Scheme, however with all the uncertainty over the date of Brexit we could find our selves in Europe legally with the dog but unable to have him returned owing to the change in legislation!

It is a real bugger........Sensible heads say we will do nothing until the politicians have made their determinations!!

Clippie

Gofer for |Troll 535 GT & Landrover Discovery Sport.
Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

The thought of Randa jumping through hoops for anything is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have booked to come to the UK in June so are considering buying a small inflatable to make sure we can get back

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Zitat
We have booked to come to the UK in June so are considering buying a small inflatable to make sure we can get back

Good investment. You can always sell it on.

Randa

Bryn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:48 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

no need to buy one, they are abandoned on the beaches now.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:49 am
by warddru0455 (deleted)

I have booked to go on June 3rd and IF we have a NO DEAL BREXIT one of my dogs cannot travel on that date. Under the present scheme they do not require a blood test to see if the rabies injection has produced the correct rabies antibodies. if we become an UNLISTED country (see link in a previous post) another set of rules apply.They both got tested ( £180) last week and one dog failed. He was immediately given another rabies injection (£48) .We are now waiting 30 says for another blood test (£90). If he passes (no no guarantee) He will only be able to travel after a three month period from the blood test date. Regards Steve.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm
by AndyEarle (deleted)

All things considered, it is too late to go down the blood test route as none of the dogs would qualify, if we get a deal we still have time to get a pet passport for the pup and carry on. If it is no deal we will leave the dogs at home and take a shorter trip. So fingers crossed for a deal .....

660 GT Pontus Eggbert on the tail of Mercedes C class Estate...
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105762 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2