540 or 550 for a family

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 am
by Badhatharry (deleted)

Hi
What would suit a family of 3 possibly 4 better..a Troll 540 or 550??
Thanks

Scroll up

RE: 540 or 550 for a family

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:17 am
by marmite | 400 Posts

Hi

Looking at the layouts and bed sizes, for a family of 3 I'd head for the 540 or a 550 without the fixed bed. The convertible dinette on the 550 is not as long as it really needs to be if you have tall children/young adults. For 4 persons the 550 with a fixed bed gives very little elbow room when seated if you need to eat in the van due to nasty weather the double dinette version gives two seating areas the adults can have one end and the youngers the other.

The 530 is not really suitable for a family of 4 unless you can either get a set of bunks in the front or someone is prepared to sleep outside in a pup tent or awning.

The only Touring with real ability to sleep 4 adult sized folk is the 418 but it does not have a washroom.

Denise & Phil

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: 540 or 550 for a family

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:33 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

If the possible 4th person you mention is going to be a baby or young child I'd go for the 540. The 540's bed is enormous and you'd easily be be able to sleep with a little one in there too. The front bed is plenty long enough for a teenager - my 5'10" son finds it comfortable and it affords a level of privacy because of the washroom and kitchen making it feel separate from the large bed area.

The 540 has the advantage of a huge dinette for meal times and when the weather's bad. Plus the benches are long enough for a mid afternoon snooze.

Eribanut, , Markeriba and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0