What colour paint.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 pm
by cyclop (deleted)

The plastic fairing on my 2003 triton 420 is losing its laquer,it,s just flaking off.I,m going to take all the surface off and repaint .Could anyone tell me the right colour,sort of olive,military,greenish?Thankyou.

Scroll up

RE: What colour paint.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:57 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

If you have a vehicle body repair shop near you they should be able to match the paint colour for you and mix you some. Be careful tho cos modern 2 pack paints can be dangerous when mixed for spraying. Unless you have the correct safety equipment I would be very wary of spray painting. Seek out some advice from a qualified paint sprayer or vehicle refinisher as they now like to be called.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:47 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Cyclop,
somebody will be along soon with the colour code as repainting of the front A-frame/drawbar plastic has been covered several times. Peeling of the lacquer is a common problem. I think the grey is a Fiat colour code but if you use the search facility you may well find it. The green tinge you mention is discolouration/fading due to age.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Cyclop, Colin is correct. The grey colour is a Fiat colour. To be precise it’s, Fiat 655 Grigio Chiaro metallic. Don’t forget tho, the advice in my other post to you still stands!

Derek

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:14 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

I used the 'generic' colour RAL 9007. I have a 2.5ltr can of it, hardly used, left over when I sprayed the drawbar covers that I had to replace on my Troll when I purchased it. Depending on where you are, I may be able to help out. It would be a shame if you had to shell out on a can just to use a small amount as I did.. I'm Cambridge based...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 am
by cyclop (deleted)

Thankyou for the offer of the can .I was in Cambridge with the van last year,a long drive from Dalbeattie,Dumfriesshire .I don,t have spray facilities either so I will try to obtain the fiat colour in a spray can.Would simply recoating with several layers of laquer work.?I will try on a small area.Cheers all.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:59 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

I think the trick would be to satisfactorily remove all lthe existing lacquer first. I'm not sure how you might achieve that without some damage to the paint below. It would seem to me that you will have to rub the whole piece down and remove all the existing lacquer before repainting. Tricky... Getting it repainted professionaly shouldn't be too bad. I think I paid £60 for the paint and a further £60 to the paint shop. Mind, they had little or no prep to do as I was starting with new panels. It might be worth getting some quotes from local paint shops, just to see...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:47 am
by NickR | 38 Posts

I have exactly the same model and year, and I had the same problem with flaking paint on one mudguard only. If that is the same as the plastic fairing you mention, then I obtained one from Jandi for about £35.00. It came with a beautiful finish in that strange colour, and was an exact match to the other. If they are still available, they could possibly save money and a lot of work.
Jean at Jandi asked for a photo, to make sure that the match was good, and told me that RAL9007 was originally a hard wearing service vehicle finish in Germany.

NickR .

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:38 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Just to add to this, when I bought (from Jandi) a new tow bar cover, they came in the black plastic straight out of the mould, and I had to get them painted locally. I was not expecting this and, like NickR, expected them to come pre-finished. So, I would advise checking if you ever buy new components the finished state they will arrive in. In fact, I was so surprised at this, I rang up and grumbed to Jean at Jandi that I now had to buy paint and get eveything sprayed. Remarkably, she was able to negotiate a contribution towards those costs from Hymer. Yes, it suprised me and certainly Jean was quite taken aback they coughed up...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 am
by granddadgrape | 1.560 Posts

We bought a new fairing for our 2014 Triton from Jandi about fifteen months ago. It was finished in the grey paint and cost £105 inc VAT & postage.

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:53 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

The grey colour is a Fiat colour. To be precise it’s, Fiat 655 Grigio Chiaro metallic.

Is this also the colour for the silver part of the bodywork on a 2006 Troll (white upper half, grey lower panels with a red stripe?)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 am
by Kam | 139 Posts

Apologies - Just bumping this as my Eriba comes out of storage next week and I'll have an opportunity to touch up some stone chips if I have the correct paint colour.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:57 pm
by cyclop (deleted)

I,m experimenting with rubbing down with wet and dry,then t- cut, then a polish.So far,somewhat promising.Will post some photos of progress.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 05, 2019 11:44 am
by cyclop (deleted)

Just an update on the fairing.The old laquer came off with the help of a heat gun(gentle) and penknife.Any thing that didn,t was left on and feathered in.Halfords spray primer then RAL 9007 spray can then laquer,both cellulose,the aluminium colour was a 60% gloss.I,m pleased with the result which,though not professional standard,is good enough for me.The colour is vastly different from original,which can be seen on the rear light cluster,although this will get done as well.Total cost,£35-00.P1010108.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1010106.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1010107.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte).Should have spent a bit more time with fine sandpaper though.tsk tsk!

cabbie37 likes this post!
Last edited Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 05, 2019 3:46 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Looks good !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2