Sagging roof lining

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm
by Eriba2005430GT (deleted)

Hi,
Our 2005 Triton has recently developed a "saggy roof lining" around the vent at the rear of the van. (the bit you bang your head on) Has anyone experienced this problem or similar. What were your solutions. I might have to remove the roof canvas rail to gain access to apply some adhesive.... a bit daunting. An ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Sagging roof lining

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:58 am
by cyclop (deleted)

Hello.I had cause to remove rear and nearside lockers during a search for a leak.I also had to destaple the roof lining and dry out the foam underneath.Stapled the lining up again,refixed the cupboards and,hey presto,the sagging roof had disappeared.This is,however,a major job,and,IMO,not to be attempted without a good reason.Removal of the aluminium pop top rail is a much easier alternative,covered elsewhere on this forum.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi, thanks very much for your reply. You have confirmed that the lining is stapled as I thought. Did you use any spray contact adhesive to secure the foam/lining during reconstruction?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:03 pm
by cyclop (deleted)

No,I thought about it but decided against it as the lining wouldn,t be stuck over 100% of its surface and might then appear lumpy.I don,t think the lining was stuck originally but not sure about this.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Cyclop, thanks for your reply.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Well I picked up courage and took the roof canvas lower fixing partially off, peeled the lining off (it wasn't stapled), and managed to cut an incision in the insulating foam and attach it to the roof with double sided tape. After refitting the aluminium canvas retainer etc. back in position all looks good. I await to see if a hot summer will cause the tape to lose adhesion! Thanks again for your input.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 am
by cyclop (deleted)

Glad you found a solution to this problem.I had to take the pop top rail off and could only get it back with the help of g clamps in the corners,a real pig.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2