Help! Silver sliding bathroom cupboard door issue.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
by parsonswench (deleted)

We have just been away for a couple of days in our new to us Eriba Forever Young 530 Troll, a trial run before we go to Scotland for a couple of weeks. Generally well pleased with it, however it has thrown up a problem with the silver sliding door on the bathroom cupboard. Having put all our toiletries and bits and pieces in there like you do, arrive on site to a sliding door that would not open. A lot of blue words, grumping and groaning from the both of us eventually got it open, rearranged contents putting bigger things where I thought it had jammed. Journey home start to unpack to find it had well and truly jammed again. The question is has anyone else experienced this and how did you overcome the issue?

Last edited Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:50 pm | Scroll up

RE: Help! Silver sliding bathroom cupboard door issue.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 am
by Keith and Sue | 79 Posts

We quickly learned to travel with the cabinet empty. It jammed on our first trip 5 years ago, and Keith badly bruised the back of his hand trying to free it. We came to the conclusion that it was best to put our toiletries and towels in a bag and to fill the cupboard at the campsite.
The problem seemed to be that the door slides round the back of the cupboard as you open it and that's where the stuff gets trapped.

K&S

2019 Troll 540GT - Mercedes Vito Bluetec 119 Sport

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:56 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:09 pm
by gattim (deleted)

We don’t have our 530 any more but when we had it (2012 model) the previous owner had screwed a piece of Perspex covering a vertical space at the left hand side if the cupboard at the front (I think!)

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, we did wonder if this would be the case. We were hoping that someone would have a magical answer to solve the issue. Alas probably not.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks for the reply, we also wondered if this would work just not sure how to go about it. Did this seem to work or did stuff still jam? We thought that it also jammed with like shampoo bottles and spray bottles falling forward when we were travelling! Didn't seem to be specifically at the left hand side.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 pm
by chezmart | 181 Posts

I made a shaped tray out of a cardboard box that perfectly fits the shape of the cupboard where the door gets jammed. All your toiletries can then stand up in the tray and not fall over and jam the door.
This has worked perfectly in ours for a few years now and I only made it as a temporary fix one holiday after getting fed up with the door jamming.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:50 am

Thank you for your reply, another option to think about. Which one do we plump for I wonder?

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1