What to do with our fridge?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:37 pm
by Indigo (deleted)

We have a 1991 Triton with the original fridge. We originally got it from Kool classics and have had it serviced since. Neither Kool Classics nor our current caravan Guy can get the fridge to work properly. It never really goes down below 10° C. So we’re thinking of getting a plug in fridge (like a cool box but can run on gas 12 v or electricity). So our question is should we try and remove the original fridge and keep it in case we ever sell the van (I’m thinking we can store stuff in the resulting space) or shall we just leave the original fridge in place and use it as a glorified cupboard?

Scroll up

RE: What to do with our fridge?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:16 pm
by Jez (deleted)

Has anyone tried this!
https://youtu.be/6VVxnvEvRFw
There's a wealth of information on you tube, see if that helps first.

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

It could be a very simple fix......I am surprised that people can't find out what the problem is, didn't think fridges were that complicated. Ours stopped chilling last year...1998 Triton, and the fix was relatively cheap and simple. The fridges are so good that you can't really replace it with unplug in...and they can be very noisy.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:36 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I'd get the three way portable fridge and search for somebody who can fix the built in one. This may sound extravagant but a second fridge [not a 12c cool box] is a blessing when it's hot. We had a 3-way when we used a trailer tent and it was wonderful. I should not have got rid of it but we know have a 240v plug in table top we use in the awning when abroad.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:23 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Have you tried turning it upside down, leaving it for an hour and then reinstalling it?

Sounds odd but I've known that shift an airlock in the coolant circuit.

Worth a try.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:34 pm
by Eifion (deleted)

We just bought a 1990 Pan and the original fridge has been taken out and replaced with a smaller 2 way fridge, it works well enough but am trying to find a replacement original one. Can I ask what model number your fridge is? it should be on a data plate inside. also if you fancy selling it I might be interested!

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3