Newbie queries

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am
by Bobb | 108 Posts

Good morning
After about 30 years of caravanning (last van was a Hymer Nova) and a 2 year lay off, we have just bought a 2005, 1 owner Triton 420GT and are delighted with it. After spending a couple of days cleaning and polishing it appears a new van!! Amazing.

However, can someone help with a couple of queries please?
1. The 6kg Calor bottom rim doesn't fit neatly around the 2 rubber retaining studs. I can see that these cannot be re-positioned due to the method of fixing but I guess they could be trimmed with a Stanley knife?? OR do the Calor LIte bottles fit any better?

2. There are 3 brown plastic blocks that have been fitted (then removed) from each facing end and middle of the awning rail. This has left gungy screw holes showing.The blocks are about 2 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick each being secured with 2 screws.
The previous owner can't remember what they were for.. I would like to put them back for cosmetic purposes but any ideas what they were for?

3. Lastly, can anyone tell me if the wheel nuts (studs) for the (plain metal) spare wheel are the same length as those fitted to my alloy wheels?

I think that's all
Many thanks
Bob
Plymouth

Scroll up

RE: Newbie queries

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:15 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Welcome Bob,
1 - I have moved the gas bottle retaining rubbers and straps on the 4 Eriba vans I have owned. I have drilled the rivets out and re fixed where I wanted them, again with rivets.
2 - The plastic blocks in the awning rail are for hooking the awning roof poles in of several model specific Eriba awnings. You would be better sourcing the nice cast aluminium ones [same size] and fitting these.
3 - You will need a different set of bolts for attaching your spare steel wheel. These are shorter than those used on the alloy wheels.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:11 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Aren’t the brown plastic blocks the spacers behind the awning brackets which suggests that somebody has taken the brackets off leaving the spacers.

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Eribacamper, Pepé Le Pew and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 pm
by Bobb | 108 Posts

Thanks for the helpful replies.
Ive now discovered that the 3 pairs of awning rail holes do not match up with the blocks given to me by the previous owner!! I think the solution is to replace the white insert all round (it looks grubby anyway).

Bob

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105675 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4