Connecting solar wiring to CSV 409 Power Supply Unit

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm
by Jez (deleted)

I'm just looking at running my wiring from a solar control regulator to the solar connections on the CSV 409 Power supply unit situated in the wardrobe.
For a kick off there are three terminals which has confused me as I only reckoned on having two!
Secondly on close inspection I cannot sus out how to connect into the terminals which are hollow metal ends and are totally different to any of the other connections on the panel which are predominantly spades.
Has anyone done this or gone the alternative route directly to the leisure battery?
Edit: I've just downloaded the wiring diagram so can see which connections to use. Still stumped on the method of connection though!

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi

Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:14 pm | Scroll up

RE: Connecting solar wiring to CSV 409 Power Supply Unit

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

The 3-pin connector on the Schaudt CSV409A which you refer to are designed to be used in conjunction with the Schaudt LRM1218 solar regulator which like the CSV409A can handle 2 batteries (starter + leisure).

In the Eriba vans, pin 2 is unused as there is no starter battery connected to the CSV409A, pin 1 is routed through the circuit board to the battery negative terminal, pin 3 is routed via an onboard 15A fuse to the leisure battery positive terminal.

You can therefore connect using a suitable cable & plug via the CSV409A and make use of the internal 15A fuse, or you can connect your solar regulator directly to the battery, not forgetting to add your own inline fuse of course.

Hope that helps!

Eribacamper and 2eZero like this post!
Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 pm
by Jez (deleted)

That's a top drawer answer, thanks very much 👍

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Unless you keep an eye on the battery, its not a good idea to connect directly to the solar panel even with a 15amp fuse in between. It would definitely need to go through your regulator to avoid overcharging the battery, although for short periods its probably OK to go direct I suppose.

Last edited Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:32 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:22 am
by Jez (deleted)

Thanks, no I wouldn't do that, you must use a solar regulator before the battery.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:14 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

Sorry, I misread rs540s reply re direct connection to the battery🙈 Anyway, we have a very simple solar set up on our van for trickle charging the battery and a mobile or two. Out of interest, I tried the setup without the regulator, and was surprised how quickly the battery got to full charge.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105664 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3