Ferry

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 04, 2019 6:39 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Starting to be concerned as only a week to when we scheduled to sail and Pont Aven Ferry still in Brest under repair !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

RE: Ferry

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.329 Posts

Mike,
have they confirmed if it will be ready for you to grace the bar?
We are off on the 04:20, Dover to Calais 18th may and van is just awaiting clothes, bikes and fridge contents. The excitement is growing.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Sat May 04, 2019 7:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 04, 2019 7:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.895 Posts

Have a chat with Chris Grayling Mike, he's spent enough UK money on ferry companies to have shares.
Seriously though, if they've given you a recommissioning date then they have to abide by it.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 05, 2019 9:56 am
by Bryn | 994 Posts

MMMMMMM, well they have changed our sailing 3 times now from Caen to Portsmouth, first time the boat wasnt built, second time booked in for repair and now another boat 4 days later ???????

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

Am I correct in saying several forum members have had problems with different ferry companies that operate out of ports other than Calais. Could this be Brexit related in that companies are pulling in boats for service and maintenance to ensure they are up to the predicted increased work load that may happen out of these other ports?

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Brittany Ferries have put out the the Pont Aven will resume schedule 12 May 2019 be it with 3 engines. Hope we don't start sailing in circles or never get there !!!

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 07, 2019 2:16 pm
by Randa france | 12.895 Posts

No, I wouldn't worry about that,

What they do under those circumstances is they have a special loading schedule so that all the heavy goods vehicles are loaded one deck down and are positioned so as to weigh down the side with the two working engines thus giving the single engine side a shallower draught.

They then put lighter traffic on the higher decks along with the spare oars should they be needed.

Randa.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

eribanaut and Eribanut like this post!
Last edited Tue May 07, 2019 2:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Looks like I got my hopes up too soon! Not heard officially but think its not sailing on the 12th as advised as per a tweet on their Twitter account from other passenger. Have tried calling but always engaged

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 09, 2019 3:39 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Should have booked Le Shuttle. At least they only close or reduce services over certain weekends such as the 75th anniversary of the Normandy landings...

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Have received email from BF saying unfortunately they have not been able to repair ship in time for the 12th May sailing so the next sailing from Plymouth-Santander is 14th May. Please call stating reference to make alternative arrangements . Guess what the number has been engaged most of the afternoon.
Managed to get through at about 6:30pm only to be told no space on Tuesdays sailing and next availability would be 19th May. Would we like to go France instead? First offered a place on Portsmouth- St Malo crossing then came up with Plymouth to Roskoff 12th May 11:00 pm arrival 07:30 am. Can you email me details regarding changes and travel allowances to cover costs from Roskoff to Santander ? Sorry cannot do that have to send it to your booking agent C&MC
I can give you my email address no sorry cannot do that !!!! what!!! . Beginning to see that BF are the seaways version of Ryanair!!!
Will be on phone to morrow to get on the tuesday Santander Ferry or I set you guys on them!!

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I feel for you Mike. I just hope French customs don't have a strike day when you finally arrive, that really would be the final straw.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.467 Posts

Jeez, they don't make it easy do they? Hope you get everything sorted soon, you'll need a nice glass of something when you finally get there.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Gosh, if it's this hard getting into Europe it must be really difficult to get out of it...

I do hope this gets sorted for you, it's beyond belief!

Last edited Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 10, 2019 10:09 am
by Pip1136 | 68 Posts

We had a similar problem two years ago, same route too! We changed to land in France and pottered down the coast to Spain. We had an immediate refund of the price difference from the Caravan Club and 25% voucher from Brittany Ferries for our next trip. We spoke to Brittanny and they advised us that if we had booked directly with them we would have received an immediate 100% refund plus a free crossing of our choice. Plus they are open 24/7 which the Caravan Club isn't making it very inconvenient to change ferry bookings out of office hours. So we now book direct with the ferry company and have been really well looked after. It changed our holiday but we had an amazing time anyway. Hope you get it sorted out.

Big Al likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 10, 2019 10:29 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Pip1136: Unfortunately travel agents etc are going the way of chimneys and TV ariels, superseded by modern technology. Rarely does an agent have a better deal than the provider these days and you are restricted by having to go through these 3rd parties. Thinking it is good to have someone dealing with your problem is false hope. An agent is likely to be dealing with dozens of similar problems and they have to wait in line for each to get through. At least when you deal direct the person you speak to will be the one to fix the problem and has the options to give greater flexibility.

Going direct is my option 90% of the time and has been for 20+ years.

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 67 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105805 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7