Triton 420

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm
by jitaluk (deleted)

Hello folks-my first post.
I am thinking of buying a Triton 420 , possibly 2001-2007. What is the difference in specification between the 420 and 420GT. TIA

Scroll up

RE: Triton 420

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 09, 2019 4:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

The main points are the GT is smooth bodied white over silver instead of dimpled white, with alloy wheels instead of steel. It often came with an uprated 1200kg axle instead of 1000kg. It has a nicer interior re fabrics and woodwork. It should also have a battery.
Because Eribas have always been expensive the main dealer at the time put together a "GT" spec package of what UK buyers would probably want. As such this is the more normal spec in the UK. Vans that are not GT spec over this period are probably imports from the continent.
Best thing to do is look at these websites of to familiarise yourself https://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/ and https://www.domfox.co.uk/

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu May 09, 2019 5:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 09, 2019 7:14 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Ours is a 2015 420 with the dimpled white finish, although quite highly specced up by the original owners. Apart from the finish, the only thing missing from the GT spec was the alloy wheels and stone deflectors. I had heard that the smooth finish vans would be slightly heavier due to the need for a heavier gauge of aluminium skin. The dimpled skin is lighter gauge due to the corrugation effect of the finish. How true this is, I am not sure. I would say in favour of the dimples, they do tend to hide minor dents. Ours have a couple of very light indentations but I only notice these when cleaning the van. I wonder how these show up on the smooth finish vans? On balance I quite like our van's finish. It is easy to keep clean, (easier than I thought it might be).

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Don't forget the age of the van in the original posting Steve. Things changed when our newer vans, post 2010, came in that complicate matters further.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 10, 2019 7:09 am
by jitaluk (deleted)

Hi Colin Thanks for the prompt reply. I have been talking to AL and actually spoke to Dom on the phone last night. He was very helpful. The specs seem to differ widely with the year of manufacture. I’ll keep researching and looking at for sale sites until I find one I like and can afford!
Kind Regards
Ian

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 am
by jitaluk (deleted)

Thanks

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 10, 2019 8:32 am

Ian,
whilst looking at pictures and better still vans in the flesh, make a list of must haves and desirables to help you narrow things down. It would be very unusual to get exactly the van you want, so compromises will need to be made.
Once Eriba's reach a certain age then the price becomes more condition based than year. A van a couple of years older may appear expensive, but if it has been well looked after it may be a better buy.
You are obviously aware of the dealers in used vans, so I'm assuming you are also aware of:-
https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=eriba
https://www.preloved.co.uk/search?keyword=eriba
https://www.caravansforsale.co.uk/view-all?sstr=eriba
This is the time of year when things pick up, prices rise and good vans at the correct price will sell quickly. You need to do as much research as possible before going to look at a van so you can make an informed decision quickly. If you are in no rush to buy then prices will go down later summer/autumn, but so will the availability. It would also be a good idea to let forum members know where you are in the country as you would hopefully be able to have a route around a couple of vans and have the chance to ask all of those daft questions.

Best of luck - Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 10, 2019 9:05 am
by granddadgrape | 1.560 Posts

and good luck in your search. We have a dimpled Triton 420 and love it.

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3