Hymer awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi All, I was just wondering if anyone has used or owns one of those awnings in the Hymer catalog - the one with pointy top that can have sides and a front panel added to.

I think it looks pretty good but would like to find out more. AL have no experience of it either.

Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Hymer awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 11, 2019 8:04 am
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

The only awning I have seen Hymer supply is a factory fit wind out roof mounted model. Most owners go for a type that slides into the awning rail.
I'm guessing you are referring to a traditional pointed ridge awning of this type.
I know in Belgium and I believe in Germany the dealers supplied a Movera, made by Wigo-Zelte awning in this style. I owned one 2007-9 and it was a good traditional style awning. One in this style is also more readily available made by Walker.
Owners are now tending to move towards inflatable or the dome topped types by the like of Unico and Fortex. The later two are VERY expensive ut come up second hand. A super example is up for sale on the site at present.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 12, 2019 12:31 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Colin. I have an inflatable awning (the Vango Hex Hub) its really good - BUT I saw this one in the Hymer book and really like it. Its specifically for the Eribas. Will try and attach a picture.

Last edited Sun May 12, 2019 11:14 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

....Hi again Colin, I have no idea how to add a picture here, but its called an Eriba Sun Canopy. The also do sides and a front panel with doors that can be added as requited. The Hymer part number 2812288. Thanks.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

Do you mean this one:- https://www.xn--hymer-original-zubehr-0e...?number=2812288
It has been around in some form for 50/60 years. Adding the sides/front is always an expensive compromise and you would be better with an awning where you can take these pars out when needed If you want a shade look up Isabella Shadow and Fiamma Caravanstore. These are lighter and far quicker to erect.
What van are you looking for one to fit as this may help narrow down what is available.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun May 12, 2019 8:43 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We've just bought this one. Sides will be available soon. Really quick to install.
https://www.leader-loisirs.com/auvents-s...fourgon-gm.html

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Colin. Yes that’s the one. I just think it looks nice. Ive just bought a new 60th Ann 530 from AL. It appears that most awnings that slide on to the rail seem to conflict with the door in some way. This model rises well above the door. Anyway thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

Last edited Sun May 12, 2019 11:15 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 am
by catalaneriba (deleted)

Hy from Barcelona GT runner,

We bought that one and all I can say is that we are very satisfied with it.
It's easy to carry (lighter than cassette type like Thule or Omnistore) and, in my opinion and experience, safer than screw something into the caravan wall.
Once you learn how assemble and disassemble its practical but obviously not as fast like a cassette type.

Here you go some pics taken past summer 2018.

T2BHfek1RimPTW%fSGKDFA.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

eRD1v7iEQkG3TM7xOZwPkQ.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

fullsizeoutput_387e.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If you have additional questions don't hesitate to ask.
Regards

Last edited Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:45 am
by RichardCCC (deleted)

Hi All, We were considering stocking this item going forward, it is quite an epensive option for a sun canopy so was a little hesitent to do so, if anyone is interested do let us know, its designed for the post 2010 models im told.

more details can be found on the movera (part of hymer) website its called the Seitenteile zu Sonnendach Pavillon

Let us know if you have any questions about this, Regards Richard , Caravan Canopy shop

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:52 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Looks very smart.
how does it perform when the wind gets up, with it having a higher top for the wind to get under?

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105729 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0