What type of mattress is best for Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 am
by mariejustice54 (deleted)

I need some suggestions from you guys, I am looking for a mattress for my Eriba, but I dont know what kind of mattress I buy, I want not king size mattress because it will take much space, I need a normal size mattress. I saw many on Nest Bedding Coupon, but I am confused to buy. Please suggest me some best mattress, It will help me to purchase a quality mattress for my Eriba.

Scroll up

RE: What type of mattress is best for Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 13, 2019 5:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

First question is do you really need a mattress? We are on our 4th van and have had:-
- adapted sprung mattress with foam infill blocks to suit van profile over a plywood base.
- factory supplied fixed foam bed on slats.
- dinette made up as a permanent bed with 50mm foam mattress topper.
- presently,fixed sprung mattress on wooden slats with 50mm foam mattress topper.
Whilst are current set-up is the most comfortable I'd say there is not really a lot in it across the different solutions.

So a few things to consider. What van is it for and do you want a permanent set up. A sprung mattress would be out of the question due to weight and expensive being a special made to template fit or you'd have to cut deep foam to suit profile of the van. So realistically you would be looking at 10mm foam that you would need to put on a base of your making, either slats [IKEA] or plywood drilled with 50mm holes so the mattress can breath. Having used mattress toppers and foam IKEA mattresses I would make this my first port of call. They offer a wide range in cost and size that you can lie on to test. Removeable covers mean you can get the foam out and cut it to the correct profile with a serrated bread knife, or bandsaw if you have access to one. They will also be in stock for you to take away, nicely rolled up in a vac pack.
If you do go the foam route do not be tempted to go memory foam, they are very warm, something you will not like if you camp abroad in the summer.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france, Eribanut, and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3