Replacement gas regulator query

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 pm
by Martin Shields | 18 Posts

Hi all,
I may be being a bit thick here but I had my 2008 Puck 120GT serviced today and he has noted that I need to replace my regulator as it is dated 2007 and should have been replaced in 2017 apparently. I am looking online and am struggling to understand the right one for the job. It is 30mb pressure and 1.2 kg per hour according to the label on the reg but it is the configuration that is puzzling me. Has anyone done this themselves and have any advice? The regulator also looks as if it is riveted on to the bulkhead and not screwed, is this also normal and would I have to drill them out and screw a new one on with self tappers?

3E62DE2E-7367-4C54-9779-04E27A84AAB2.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)8D61DBD0-F0FA-4B3F-9755-86BB4691AB74.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I’m very grateful for any advice

All the best everyone

Martin

Ruby the Puck pushing a Merc GLE 250
Scroll up

RE: Replacement gas regulator query

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 30, 2019 10:32 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Why on earth didn’t your service engineer replace it if it was necessary! He/she should know of the correct replacement if he/ she is a qualified service engineer!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 31, 2019 6:40 am

He apparently didn’t have any part for it but offered to come back and change it for another call out charge. I was at work and my better half was not too enamoured with him and his attitude/behaviour so told him we would sort it ourselves.

Ruby Puck pushing a Mercedes GLC 250
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 31, 2019 11:22 am
by eckcan (deleted)

Hi, I am very interested in any replies you receive as I have just had my Triton serviced last week, Mine is 2007 as well and it was picked up that I was using a gas bottle Propane with a 37 regulator. Heigh ho. I have researching this problem without a good outcome.eckcan.

Martin Shields likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 31, 2019 2:12 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

I had to replace mine in an emergency earlier in April when I arrived at Graffham C&CClub site in the cold.....no gas. The regulator was stuck closed and I was unable to free it off. So rather than throw away 3 nights pre paid camping I shot along to Chichester caravans and bought a new one. I was advised that the standard size fittings were 10mm, not true for my 2007 Triton which was 8mm. Returned the 10mm and luckily found that the 8 mm fitting had the same nut and olive so that was gas tight and then able jury rig the new one to the old with gaffer tape and cable ties to hold it in place for the next 3 days.
Got home and had to drill out the pop rivets holding the old one in place and the new one was fixed to the bulkhead with 4 self tapping screws.

The regulator I fitted was a 30mbar Gaslow. Seems OK at the moment.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Martin Shields likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Thank you Ray, your advice is much appreciated

Ruby Puck pushing a Mercedes GLC 250
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 31, 2019 6:11 pm
by gattim (deleted)

Martin,
Read your private messages
Mike

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2