Replacement table for Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 am
by Expo (deleted)

Having just acquires our lovely new (to us) Puck, we’re finding that the table is disproportionately large for the interior. It just takes up too much of the limited space!!

Has anyone replaced their table with something smaller, home made or modified from something else? We just need something about half the size or less but don’t want to saw chunks off the original. Alternatively is it possible to purchase a length of the connector strip along the back edge so we can make a smaller one ourselves, maybe out or ply or something similar. The other thought was a small free standing table which folds up when not in use. Lots of camping tables around so that might be an option.

All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks everyone ....

Scroll up

RE: Replacement table for Puck

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:24 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

The table is large but very useful when outside. I have made some micro tables out of bamboo chopping boards. I purchased a length of connector strip (now plastic) from AL but others like Jandi do it. I have tested these out and they work great for my needs.

Below is a link to my post about them.

Micro Tables

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 am
by Expo (deleted)

Thanks, that’s great. We were looking for something we can still sit at to eat - so perhaps around half the size of the existing table - but your micro tables look great. Might see if we can source some connector strips and make both. Always good to have somewhere to balance your beer glass!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This might be of interest:

I found this connector strip

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172373726366

and this table leg

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Reimo-Deluxe-Fo...30542631&chn=ps

There is a previous discussion on this subject that also suggests a B&Q kitchen door might be suitable as the table top here

Hello to all ......table issue

Steve

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Just a reminder - if you are considering cutting your table down - it is very likely to be hollow (rather like some interior household doors), you would then need to re-fit (or re-fabricate) an edging strip

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to an 1994 320GT
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I've been trying a camping table as a light flexible alternative, but its awkward to get your legs under the table in the van.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

We went down the B&Q kitchen door route. On of the benefits is that they are already nicely shaped at the edge so that's one less job. Legs are available from a multiple of places, from memory we used Just Kampers.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 am
by Expo (deleted)

Thanks for this. Really useful information which I’ll follow up. Looks like a kitchen unit door might be the way to go and I’ll get on the case with the connector strips. Onwards and upwards. Definitely not going anywhere in the puck until the weather improves so a little project to keep me busy in the meantime ... 😀

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2