Hello to all !

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Hi there

Never owned a caravan, but absolutely taken by the prospect of owning a second hand Puck....the only thing that's gonna fit down the drive between ours and next doors house. Anyone got one for sale?

Cheers,
Steve

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am | Scroll up

RE: Hello to all !

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:45 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

There's someone on the Facebook page with one for sale.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:30 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Oh thank you, didn't realise there was a facebook page!

However I think that's out of my price bracket and is it also the wider one? If so it's not going to go down my gap. I think I need the narrower one if that's correct? To be honest I'm still not sure...!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Eribanut and Sulphurman like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Wish you luck in your search.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Sulphurman likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:14 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Hi Steve

Yes the Puck L is a little bigger all round than the standard puck. I was originally considering the Puck L, but was also limited by the size that would fit into our very small garage. Although my biggest issue was height and length rather than width.

However, I have no regrets and love our little van. My puck is narrower than my car and therefore I know that any gap the car will go through, the van will too!

Ralph

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Morphy (Bev & Steve)

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 am
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Thanks for that info Ralph79

Ralph79 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:49 am
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Well we came home Saturday afternoon with a Puck we have named 'Esther'. She was very dirty inside and really needed to be rescued from oblivion so we made an offer that was a bit low and thankfully it was accepted. The fridge absolutely stunk and I spent a good couple of hours yesterday trying to clean it as thoroughly as possible but not sure if it might have to be taken out and have major surgery lol. Everything seems to work but I reckon the chassis needs a jolly good service, so will be looking for my grease gun this week! Have put a picture in the gallery section, but to be honest she looks like most other '98 Pucks...

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Steve and welcome to Eribafolk.

I've moved your recently uploaded photo into the Member's Eribas album. You had mistakenly created a new album.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:32 am
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Congratulations on finding Esther. She is identical to our '99 Dolly....apart from the smelly fridge! I am sure you will have fun with her.

I recently had a full service and chassis work completed by Kool Classics who are based in your area. I would recommend them if the grease gun is not sufficient. They are nice people and I was very happy with the work they did.

Ralph

Sulphurman and like this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Thanks Ralph, have been in contact with them already as we were going to look at one that they were selling before we decided to go with the private sale. We've saved a lot of dough but I'm hoping there are no hidden nasties waiting!

I used to be into Triumph Heralds when I was a lad so not afraid of the oily bits, and have a nice file of instructions too. All good. However I'm wondering if it is still worth getting a bit of paper saying it's been serviced as I read a post on here about some insurers being insistent.

So glad we didn't go for the 'teardrop trailer' we thought we'd have to get to suit our access situation. The little Puck is caravan perfection in miniature!

Ralph79 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:51 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Thanks also Randa for sorting out my mistake, I did wonder...probably wasn't quite awake!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

I don't recall my insurers being insistent on a service record, although I am sure that there are some who are. I however am not very competent with the mechanical stuff, so am very happy to let others fiddle with the oily bits and have the peace of mind provided by a professional service! But, you are right, private sales are generally considerably cheaper than any dealers. That's how I got mine and the nasties discovered were few and relatively minor.

Yes, definitely perfection in miniature. Being able to stand up inside with a full size double bed, fridge, cooker, sink and good storage space. Also, with an awning attached there is a surprising amount of space for such a tiny van. No teardrop could provide that!

Ralph

Last edited Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:23 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0