Lidl

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.896 Posts

When we finally got home from our extended trip we had to wade through a mountain of post, bills, circulars, and threats. But one letter stood out.

A FINE of £90 for parking for 43 minutes in a LIDL car park in Whitney ( Cameron Country). I blew my top as we had never encountered this before

As most of you know, we are strong supporters of Lidl and we use their stores regularly both when at home or abroad. This year alone we have visited a Lidl store in 10 of the 12 countries and in total I wouldn't mind betting we've been to more Lidl stores all over Europe that many of thier top management.

Needless to say I wrote to Lidl and the Parking Company after scanning Google pics of the car park and our bill for that day amounting to £79. I'm afraid my tone was a bit blunt and I pointed out the fact that we had never before visited a Lidl where there was a set of parking rules. ie. 10 minutes free before you have to fiddle with some machine instore, scanning your bill and entering your reg number before leaving.

Lidl responded that they couldn't help but the Parking Company would consider my APPEAL (it was more of a threat than an appeal

Today they saw sense and let me off but I write this to tip off anybody else who uses this store or any others regularly, to keep an eye open for the small signs dotted around and pay no attention to the For Lidl Customers Only Sign.

As a footnote, it was lucky that it happened on the way back coz if we were heading out of the country we probably would have had several threatening letters and a bill for over £1000.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
and campnsnooze like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Lidl

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:35 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.749 Posts

I really hate it when companies take the piss like this and then blame everything on their parking enforcement company.

Bastards!

Glad they saw sense, Roger, and thanks for the heads up. It's the first time I've heard of charges at Lidl.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
campnsnooze and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

If they tried it here, they'd find an empty car park. I don't understand paying for the privilege of spending money in a supermarket. Potty.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:26 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.076 Posts

We got a ticket from an enforcement company in our Morrisons carpark. They make money by looking for bad parking in our case. I have spent at least £50,000 maybe £100,000 there over 20 years. I have never returned and do all my shopping at Aldi now. What a business model they must have.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Randa france and Big Al like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105809 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1