Omnistore removal

in Detailed "How to" guides for improving or repairing your Eriba Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Our Omnistore had seen better days, and after taking forum members advice, we got together all the bits to make a start of its removal.

The weather strip was sealed to the Omnistore, so first job was to cut it away, the awning rail was full of sticky jelly like sealant ! We then removed the bolts attaching cassette to the brackets. It wasn’t easy lifting it off, I nearly dropped my end !

We then had that moment of “ what a bloody mess “

Well forwards and onwards, the bottom brackets were screwed through the van side and through the Herzim strip into the van. The top brackets were stuck fast with sealant.
Sikoflex remover was used and this was a lengthy process, Herzim strip was in several pieces and had to be removed, I couldn’t believe how much gunge/glue was everywhere. We knew we had a “ dirty patch “ behind the Omnistore, but it was green and filthy.
Well after a lot of effort, holes have been sealed, Herzim replaced all the way around, it’s done.
I took photos during this process and would have liked to present better than I have, but I tried and this is the best I can do.

Why the photos go upside down I don’t know.......😩

Troll 540 pushing Mazda CX-5

, eribaMotters, campnsnooze, Randa france, Biljul and like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 am | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

RE: Omnistore removal

in Detailed "How to" guides for improving or repairing your Eriba Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:52 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Well done, super job. You should be very pleased with yourselves.

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
, Magpie and Biljul like this post!
Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

Visitors
7 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7