Adding 12v wiring from CSV 409

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm
by Jez (deleted)

I have a 2012 Triton 430 which has a CSV 409 charging system housed in the Wardrobe. I have just installed a solar charging facility which is independent of this but now want to run wiring to a TV point hopefully utilising circuit 5 of the CSV.
According to the wiring diagram circuit 5 consists of the awning light, TV and spare.
I have just looked at mine and the wiring for the awning light is not coming from the aforementioned terminals so the whole of circuit 5 is currently unused.
So my questions are,
Can I run my wiring from any of the three unused sets of terminals (circuit 5) and I've noted that the wiring colour appear to be the opposite of the UK's i.e. the brown wire is attached to the - terminal and the blue wire to the + terminal!
I am am happy to do the same but at my TV terminal I assume that the same would apply that is brown to negative and blue to positive?

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Scroll up

RE: Adding 12v wiring from CSV 409

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:03 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

The awning light should be fed from Circuit 5 (fused at 7.5A) but it really doesn't matter if it's fed from one of the other circuits, 1, 2 or 3.
Circuit 4 doesn't seem to feature in the documentation, but I guess it's the pump circuit.

All circuits, with the exception of the fridge low current supply, will disconnect when either the 12V switch is toggled to off, or the car ignition is switched on (with the 13 pin plug connected to the towcar).

So yes - you can connect your TV to circuit 5 - although you won't be able to watch it when you're towing

European harmonised cable colours for ELV circuits (the 12V dc side of things) are indeed blue for +12V and brown for 0V.

Your TV's 12V input cable could possible be as above but more than likely red and black.

Last edited Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:04 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2